Sign in to follow this  
Guest ansons2

Snowy Norway v1.2

Guest ansons2

Snowy Norway v1.2

:yes: Hello Everyone,

Here is the latest version of my SnowyNorway map. Having found the way to add easily a lot of trees with the TE

I have decide to add a bit life to this Map.

Readme.txt

SnowyNorway terrain for SFP1 by S.Ansons

v1.2 February 19th, 2009

1.2 Release :

Resmooth a bit the Height file (HFD).

Add Trees and small lakes to the Map using new tiles : forestlake.tga (small lake in the middle of a forest),

frfarm2lake25.tga, frfarm2lake50.tga, frfarm2lake75.tga.

Add transition tiles to the towns (Thanks to CA_Stary) and replace all mosquees by churches

use high res. waternormal.bmp.

Credits : Thanks for CA_STARY, Jan TUMA, The Wrench, Polak, TK and CA Community for the new trees, tiles, HighRes waternormal.bmp and the game !

SnowyNorway_data.ini has been updated to have no shimmering water and to allow all trees to be rendered once in game.

Small flickering of the far trees has been fixed using CA_Stary

Tip (Set MIPMAP to TRUE in SnowyNorway_data.ini)

Have fun !

S.Ansons

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/19/2009
  • Category

I think the first word out of my mouth seeing that thumbnail was "whoa" and proceeded to the download page :smile:

Guest ansons2
Is there any way to get snow free runways ? The bitmaps are there but they don't show up or are covered and the way things are now it's near impossible to make a proper landing.....

Hou doe,

Derk :smile:

Edited by ansons2

Guest ansons2
hi Kirsten,

Have you checked that in the SnowyNorway.ini file the cat pointer is pointing to your standard CAT file ?

As I have SFP1, my pointer is Catfile=..\Desert\Desert.cat but if you have WOE, it should be GERMANYCE.CAT

Also you can rename (or delete) the DESERT_AIRFIELDx.INI (x = 1 to 6) to DESERT_AIRFIELD_oldx.INI in order to use the default files from the game. that way you should get aircrafts parked on the airfields.

I hope it will help you.

Best regards

ansons2

Edited by ansons2

Hey guys!

I’ve downloaded both Norway1.2 and SnowyNorway1.2 terrains for using with WOE, patch oct2008. I changed the .cat pointer as suggested above, but I still experiment some weirdness like trees on taxi ways and other textures mismatches, although they don’t affect the game experience. Should I make other corrections? Anyway, these are great mods and congratulations for your work!

Guest ansons2

Hey guys!

I’ve downloaded both Norway1.2 and SnowyNorway1.2 terrains for using with WOE, patch oct2008. I changed the .cat pointer as suggested above, but I still experiment some weirdness like trees on taxi ways and other textures mismatches, although they don’t affect the game experience. Should I make other corrections? Anyway, these are great mods and congratulations for your work!

:boredom: Hello barkaris,

To remove trees on runways there are 2 methods 1)edit the .tod files with the TE, but

I will have to find which tree is on the runway, not so easy! or 2) I will have

to allocate specific tiles with no trees to airfields. I personnaly like to have trees

very near the runways, thus I will try method 1 for the next update. Sorry, No ETA for

this release, FYI I am planning to add villages and roads to these maps.

Regards

ansons2

boredom.gif Hello barkaris,

I personnaly like to have trees

very near the runways, thus I will try method 1 for the next update. Sorry, No ETA for

this release, FYI I am planning to add villages and roads to these maps.

Regards

ansons2

The more trees on airfields the better, lots of woodland airbases in Europe !!!good.gif

Hou doe,

Derk