Sign in to follow this  
avi8tor

Best things since Track IR

That's neat, but I think with Windows 7 bringing touch screen support we'll see a slew of new touch screen monitors once its released. Although a good solution for the here and now. This has actually shown me a use for touch screen monitors I hadn't thought of before.

Thats pretty cool. But I'd NEVER want to spend so much time as to learn all the startup procedures for any aircraft, lol. Except maybe a camel or DR1...

Wow, that is incredible. The ability to interact with a sim like that is just too cool for words.

On a side note though, Dang the Ka-50 has a huge amount of switches to activate just to get it powered up. Believe it or not, our KC-135's preflight doesn't involve that many switches.

-S

Don't forget about the force feedback vest.

Only compatible with FPS so far but would be nice if a sim could support this to simulate High-G.

They can then extend it to a full G-suit.

Wouldn't it be nice to experience a real black out :diablo:

Edited by jomni

Don't forget about the force feedback vest.

Only compatible with FPS so far but would be nice if a sim could support this to simulate High-G.

They can then extend it to a full G-suit.

Wouldn't it be nice to experience a real black out :diablo:

Touch screens are the only way I would enjoy a clickable cockpit in a sim.

You won't experience a black out with a G suit...unless you decide to have it choke you. Probably not a good idea unless you're into that sort of thing.

FC

You won't experience a black out with a G suit...unless you decide to have it choke you. Probably not a good idea unless you're into that sort of thing.

FC

Yeah, G suite actually prevents black outs. but the pressure vest can give some sensation of G.

Yeah, G suite actually prevents black outs. but the pressure vest can give some sensation of G.

well, i think it would like more with a massage seat insted give G forces feelings :blink:

since it's a force relationed with acceleration i doubt a G vest can give some G blackout feelint(at least if it's just pressurin your throat to make you get an blackout....

so, if you can't buy a fighter flight ,you may try some rollercoaster like Shikra to feel what is really G.

well, i think it would like more with a massage seat insted give G forces feelings :blink:

since it's a force relationed with acceleration i doubt a G vest can give some G blackout feelint(at least if it's just pressurin your throat to make you get an blackout....

so, if you can't buy a fighter flight ,you may try some rollercoaster like Shikra to feel what is really G.

Can't say I've found a coaster that could make me gray out like an L-39 could.

Can't say I've found a coaster that could make me gray out like an L-39 could.

What the man said. No coaster I know of can sustain 9.0 Gs for any length of time.

Trust me, unless you put yourself in a 'fuge, or an actual high perf aircraft, you ain't simulating it anytime soon.

I've got video of myself going from 1.0 to 8.33 G...you can't simulate what you see on it.

Trust me on this one.

FC

In Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 I built a monster providing about 40g and immediately after that negative 10g. :biggrin: Pity, game engine doesn't model tissue damage. However no visitors ever came back to ride it once more.

Not simulate anything....just feel the force ;)

the best experience i got was fly in a glider, and any coaster can't simply reproduce the feeling

In Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 I built a monster providing about 40g and immediately after that negative 10g. :biggrin: Pity, game engine doesn't model tissue damage. However no visitors ever came back to ride it once more.

My brother used to play one of those sim theme park type games several years ago, I don't remember which one it was. But I think he had rides that actually killed passengers. Not good for business!

My little dream of enhancing the visual immersion in sims (or anything really) is to project onto a dome shaped screen that fills your whole peripheral vision. Like an OmniMax theater, only on a smaller scale that you can set up in your home. Of course taking it a step further you'd be seated on a platform that pitches banks and yaws! Ever been on the old "Back to the Future" ride at Universal Studios in Florida? The home version of the motion platform of course would be electric rather than hydraulic. I think some company already has this but it's REALLY expensive.

I don't think I'd be all too interested in touch screens. I hate wiping off fingerprints. And with TrackIR I'd have to keep pausing it to use them - sometimes I have to just to focus on a particular instrument, I can't seem to hold my head still enough to keep it from moving just enough to make reading it hard.

Some of the Ka-50s switches are for offensive systems I wouldn't expect to be on a KC-135. :grin: Besides, aren't the KC-135s running around with far older cockpit designs anyway? That said, the procedure conceptually isn't that obtuse--batteries -> systems -> APU -> more systems -> one engine -> 2nd engine -> kill APU -> even MORE systems...etc

I have many mapped to my HOTAS so you don't need to click around that much in the cockpit if you don't want to.

What the man said. No coaster I know of can sustain 9.0 Gs for any length of time.

Trust me, unless you put yourself in a 'fuge, or an actual high perf aircraft, you ain't simulating it anytime soon.

I've got video of myself going from 1.0 to 8.33 G...you can't simulate what you see on it.

Trust me on this one.

FC

There you go. Go and sweet talk the centrifuge people into allowing you to install a computer and play WoE in there. When they see you are pulling G, they crank it up a few notches.