Sign in to follow this  
Mike Dora

Changing Single-Mission Default Altitudes

Does anyone know what file to edit, to change the default single-mission altitudes? At the moment everything seems to take place below 5000ft, yet the literature on WW1 aviation indicates that they regularly flew a lot higher than that. For example, if I recall right, in his "No Parachute" Arthur Gould Lee compared the performance of Pups vs Albatri above & below 15,000 ft - never mind the absence of breathing oxygen!

I've tried editing the "[Altitude]" lines in the MISSIONCONTROL.INI file, but seemingly to no avail. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Mike

that works for me Mike

make sure you put the MISSIONCONTROL.INI in the Flight folder

numbers are metres (you probably know that :blush: )

Se5a's would generally fly up to 17k feet with camels around 10k ft with coverage from the Se5A's. the altitudes in game are very low. i have had it start at 6k ft before, and am generally above the enemy flight in single missions. good practice for boom n zoom tactics if you can get those mission parameters. not sure what it does to the enemy flight if altitudes are changed. i might mess with it tonight...

I changed my altitudes abit. very high is 5000m, 4000 for high, medium 3000 and i think low is 1000 or so. Balloon busting must use the medium as i was at 9800ft plus or minus and very far above the height of the balloon, which is about 3-4k ft. I was in spad 13 just trying it out when i encountered albatros scouts then fokker dr1 at my hieght or so, give or take. one must take them out or lose altitude. i used the map to find the waypoint to it, as i had set the cloud layer to 3rd setting from stormy or whatever it is. fwiw,