Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

Where are the Aircraft

This is more of a computer question, but several of the aircraft that are under Program Files/Wings over Europe/Objects/Aircraft in my install do not appear on the single mission screen, nor are they even in the game. I installed them correctly (I think?) but they're not there. Any ideas?

Thanks

That's because they're only for the AI, not human player.

If you want to fly them there is a way - they at least need cockpits or a reference to a cockpit to be seen in the single mission selectables - have a look in the knowledgebase for instructions

The aircraft that aren't showing are actually flyable aircraft that I downloaded, such as the F-86f-40 from the USAFLateModelSabres pack, and the Mig-21F-13 from the Mig-21 pack. Last time I installed the game every aircraft worked, and showed. But this time they don't

Well according to the link from the previous post, Everything looks correct. I guess I'll just have to deal with it, No problem.

Thanks Everyone

Well according to the link from the previous post, Everything looks correct. I guess I'll just have to deal with it, No problem.

Thanks Everyone

I'll bet dimes to donuts that you have nested folders. Reread the KB entry, specifically item #2.

Well I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem. But today I attempted to 7zip a file into my WingsOverEurope/Objects/Aircraft, and the file did not appear in the list. So I decided to just drag the file into the aircraft folder, and as soon as I did there was a compatibility files link in the aircraft file. I clicked on the link and there was a complete seperate install of the aircraft there. So I'm wondering why would the aircraft already be there but the name would not appear on the list, unless I drag it there.

Thanks