So I finally got around to trying out the KMD mission editor.........WTF!! Could it be any less user friendly?!!

Does ayone know why it has NO instructions, and for that matter where can I get some? Yes I allready got the KMD tutorial, but it really had very little valuable information.

I looks like a great product and from what I've read.....it is, but without help getting started it's nothing more than......frustrating.

heehe yes it is....just the way I like it!!

Some tips:

Before moving on to editing another object, click APPLY or the KMD forgets what you did to the first object.

Until you build Faith in how KMD works waypoints, make sure to check all waypoints to make sure they are what you want.

Somewhere there is a BuGG that on some occasions swaps player flight. It happens rare enough that I havent bothered to localize it, and it could even be something in my diet.

What are you trying to do that gives you fits? Maybe I can help a bit. I was fitted with KMD as well, long ago, but I eventually figured it out. The tutorial is a start, but you have to hack away at some things until it you get what you want. Once you figure it out, KMD, exactly like Terrain Editor (TE), is flawless, smooth, EMP-fast and easy as pi to work with, and so I call KMD the KE. Its simple to understand. And completely credible, and convincing. SargeSun.gif

I was in your situation also when i got it, but now ive got the hang of it, i just had to follow the tutorial PDF, its all in there, and after a few practice missions, you will get the hang of it. Just yell if you want a hand with the mission editor.

Scouserlad13

Thanks for the support guys, basically I am able to get a first starting point/airport however everytime I try to make another waypoint I am flatly denied.....over and over and over again :blink: in the instructions it says to edit the waypoint before moving on???? what exactly needs to be edited before moving on? everytime I try to make changes and (validate/save) the changes, when I move to the next waypoint I get nothing!!!

I am able to get a first starting point/airport however everytime I try to make another waypoint I am flatly denied

I don't know if this is what you need, but what I do is make a buttload of waypoints, non-edited, THEN I set the plane to takeoff. Setting to takeoff consumes waypoints it seems, so try making a whole bunch of waypoints BEFORE setting the plane to takeoff.

To create new waypoint, it's Ctrl+mouse click right? I forgot. My hands make the waypoints. I do not! So hehehe I *think* my hands use Ctrl+mouse.

Between Warlocks PM and Lexx Luthers advise I have figured out to hold down the CNTRL button while I left mouse click to make all the waypoints (not one at a time like I was trying to do) Thanks guys that was exactly what I was missing :ok:

So now I have saved my "test mission" in the missions folder, and I fire up the sim to go and try it out........I assumed that I would go to create a mission/load mission/test mission......Fly now. :no: Test mission was not one of the options available on the load mission page.

So my question is now that I can make a mission where do I find it in the game?

Did you set aircraft to player? If you did, it could be a cockpit problem. So....

....what airplane?

KMD is complex enough that providing full details can be helpful.

Also, i think, if you are running on vista, like me, the mission will be saved in the compatability files of the mission folder. You need to take that mission from the compatability folder, and stick it in your main mission folder.

Well I'm using XP and the AC I was trying use as my tester is my trusty favourite Mirage factory F18, As for setting the AC to player......? I'm not sure but I will check, I would think the mission would still show up in the load mission section?

Well Lexx you hit the nail on the head, I needed to set the AC as player :good:

So I go into the game choose my flight it loads up and I'm on the runway facing the wrong direction and then I explode in a glorious ball of fire, like I'm in a Pinto that has just been rear-ended :rolleyes:

Here is a screen shot of my mission perameters.....anyone have any thoughts on what I need to change?

:good:

Yea, try leaving Adjust Start Heading and Adjust Takeoff/Land unchecked...ignore them. One or both cause jumping and blowups.

Thanks again for your help Lexx, I tried the changes you suggested but nothing changed, everytime I load up I bounce a couple of times and BOOM :dntknw:

So I went back and started from scratch with a new mission and new location and I seem to bob up and down for a second but it all stays together and I'm good to go :clapping:

Cheers

Rom