Sign in to follow this  
ArgonV

The 10th Anniversary FS-WWI All-In-One DVD ISO Is Here!

FS-WWI_Launcher1.jpg

Brought to you by Major Hippie!

Download here: FS-WWI DVD ISO at ModDB

DVD ISO Release Notes:

The FS-WWI Plane Pack 5 All-In-One DVD is in an ISO format. The ISO Format is a Disc Image containing the data to be written to disc.

Nearly all CD/DVD burning software support burning the ISO format to disc. It is a common format.

However if you are confused on how to burn an ISO to disc,

I suggest using the "BurnAware Free" (freeware, contains no crap-ware) available at www.Burnaware.com

Alternately, you can also mount the ISO in a virtual drive.

You can download a Virtual Drive Program called "Virtual CloneDrive"

(freeware, contains no crap-ware) available at www.Slysoft.com

Finally, if you would prefer to extract the data from the ISO to a folder your hard drive,

you can use ISOBuster (shareware, unlimited demo) available at www.Isobuster.com

DVD FEATURES:

An installer slideshow as the progress bar ticks along with background music (optimized for 1280x1024 or higher but still works ok on less, you just don't see as much).

An FS-WWI "Launcher" with all of your FS-WWI essential tools in one spot! In true SDOE fashion, it's mod-able so you can replace any or all of the theme pictures with ones of your own.

Quick Mission Builder which has been updated and tweaked for FS-WWI and the SDOE Control Assignment Editor.

Minimum System Requirements:

Pentium 3 1.0 GHz or AMD equivalent

384 MB RAM

Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista (compatible with 64-bit)

DirectX compatible 3D hardware accelerator card with Hardware T&L Support

DirectX compatible 16-bit or higher sound card

2 gigabytes hard drive space

Joystick or GamePad Recommended

DirectX 8.1 or higher

FS-WWI Plane Pack 5 Release notes:

You do NOT need the original copy of Fighter Squadron to be installed on your machine for this stand alone add-on to work.

You CAN NOT have the previous FS-WWI Plane Packs/Patches installed. Please install this fresh to a new directory.

Check the 'Getting the Best' and 'Special Keyboard Commands' readme files for more FS-WWI information after the installation. Be sure to read over the basic Fighter Squadron keyboard commands provided in the FS-WWI\wwi_readme folder or in the Start Menu under 'FS-WWI' named Keyboard Reference.jpg and Keyboard Reference2.jpg.

Be sure to check out the individual readme files in the FS-WWI\wwi_readme folder for credit information about all of the included add-ons.

How to uninstall:

Simply use the uninstall option under control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (Vista users: Control Panel > Programs And Features)

What add-ons are included in the FS-WWI All-In-One DVD ISO?

FS-WWI Plane Pack 5

FS-WWI Nations v3.0

Somme Terrain v3.0

Snowy Somme Terrain v3.0

Albert Terrain

Tobruk Terrain

WWI Rhineland Update

Stock Terrain Modifications

FS-WWI Parfile updater

Latest Property Files for FS-WWI

What aircraft/lighter-than-air craft are included?

Airco D.H.2

Airco D.H.4

Airco D.H.4 U.S.

Albatros B.II

Albatros C.VII

Albatros D.I

Albatros D.III

Albatros D.Va

Albatros WIV

Aviatik C.I

Avro 504k

Avro 504 Floatplane

Ansaldo S.V.A.5

B.E.2c

Bleriot XI

Breguet 14 B2

Bristol Fighter F.2b

Bristol Scout D

Caproni Ca.33

Caudron G.4

Curtiss JN-4 Jenny

Etrich A-II Taube

Fokker Dr.1a

Fokker D.VII

Fokker D.VIII

Fokker E.III

Gotha G.I

Gotha G.I Floatplane

Halberstadt D.II

Handley Page O/400

Hannover CL.III

Ilya Mourometz V

Ilya Mourometz A Floatplane

Maurice Farman S.11 Shorthorn

Morane Saulnier N

Moska Mb-Bis

Nieuport 11

Nieuport 17c1

Nieuport 23

Pfalz D.IIIa

Pfalz D.XII

Roland C.II

Rumpler C.IV

S.E.5a

Siemens-Schuckert D.III

Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Pup

Sopwith Triplane

S.P.A.D. V.II

S.P.A.D. X.III

S.P.A.D. X.III U.S.

Vickers F.B.5a

Zeppelin L-11

British Observation Balloon

German Observation Balloon

A7V Tank

AEC AA

AEC Bus

Austin Mk.II Armoured Car

Mk.IV Tank

Captured Mk.IV Tank

Renault FT-17 Tank

St. Chamond Tank

All-In-One EXE coming soon!

Edited by ArgonV

I've just shot off Bleriot's tail with my trusted German revolver, rammed an Eindecker on Moska and sunk a U-Boot with carrier-based Sopwith :crazy:

And no fuss with installation. And all settings easy to set up. :good:

BTW, does AI know ho to drive tanks?

Haha that's great Gr.Viper!

The AI has no clue how to drive tanks currently, but there are a couple of members who are trying to figure that out.

Something I wanted to ask long time ago - to what speed and altitude the bombsight on Ilya is trimmed?

I think it was 10,000 ft at 60 mph. Tho in WW1 those things were a lot of guess work. It's one area SDOE doesn't do too well - Bombsite modeling. :(

Maybe you could change the overlay? I mean it's just a cross and a black field now. Why not make the view clearer and instead of the crosshair put there a vertical line and several horisontal bars - each marking an impact point for a different altitude. As for speed, you could either pick some average speed if same crosshair texture is used on all bombers, or pick the top speed of loaded plane if the crosshair texture is individual.

Good idea!

In fact, if you know how to paint alpha textures and *.inta files, and are handy with SDOE tools you could get a hold of Big Munger (http://www.fsww1.com/Downloads/Tools_Tutorials_FAQs.exe). Then unPar the Data1.par file to someplace (Like a folder on your desktop) and look for the textures at Media\aircraft\B17G\textures\viewhole.tif and Media\aircraft\cockpit\Generic\textures\BombRecticle.inta. Edit these and copy them to your FS-WWI install at the same locations and this changes the bombsite for all aircraft I think. :) This is the great thing about Fighter Squadron and FS-WWI, if you want to change something you can probably change it! :)

Edited by ArgonV

ALL LINKS ARE BROKEN FOR THE PLANE PACK AND THE DVD,,,, :search: :angry2: ,,,DISREGARD THE PRECEEDING STATEMENT, I GUESS THEY PLUGGED THE SERVER BACK IN.

Edited by gwar

I think it was maintenance...