Sign in to follow this  
t-50

the weapons dissapear

:dntknw:I have a really bad problem, I used the Thirdwire`s weapons editor and I copy the .DAT file and the weapondata.ini and when I wanted to play SFG all the weapons were gone, only the guns worked.

Please, someone help me, I am dessperate!!!!

Are you sure you didn't use an old weapons editor and an up-to-date SFG, or vice-versa ?

Until the latest patch, you must use the old weapons editor, with the latest patch, you must use the new weapons editor.

I've had that, too. Listen to Gunrunner, and go back and do it again. :stars:

Well i´m really not sure what is the old and new weapons editor in the thirdwire page

Weapon Data Editor v02.20.08 (199 KB) for versions of games and updates released in 2008.

Weapon Data Editor v04.24.06 (214 KB) for versions of games before 2008.

The confution is that in the first one it says "games and updates released in 2008" but in the second one the version is higher

So what is the new one?

Well i´m really not sure what is the old and new weapons editor in the thirdwire page

Weapon Data Editor v02.20.08 (199 KB) for versions of games and updates released in 2008.

Weapon Data Editor v04.24.06 (214 KB) for versions of games before 2008.

The confution is that in the first one it says "games and updates released in 2008" but in the second one the version is higher

So what is the new one?

Obviously, the one dated later than the other. :yes:

I think I am having the same problem. I just reinstalled this game in my computer after like 2 years. I put in the latest patch from 3rdwire, and the latest weapons pack from here. All of my missiles, drop tanks, and ordinance are gone. I don't seem to have a weapondata.ini file anywhere. I haven't played this game in years, and I want to get back into it. Any help would be appreciated.

I think I am having the same problem. I just reinstalled this game in my computer after like 2 years. I put in the latest patch from 3rdwire, and the latest weapons pack from here. All of my missiles, drop tanks, and ordinance are gone. I don't seem to have a weapondata.ini file anywhere. I haven't played this game in years, and I want to get back into it. Any help would be appreciated.

I confirm. I've just updated an existing install with the October Update, and there is no weaponsdata.dat or .ini to be found. Only the stock weapons appear to be available, and how they come to work, I have no idea.

Any suggestions? Copying the missing files over from another install does not work.

I have a suggestion, read the knowledge base. If you had done that first, you'd have known better than to have applied an update onto anything other than a fresh install.

:oops: Gyaaaaargh! I hate people who remind me of things like that!

Thanks, anyway. I've fixed it by importing the last weapons pack, and I'll go from there. Seems to be working so far...

Even we seasoned TW veterans refer to the KB once in a while. :biggrin:

Ain't that the truth! :biggrin:

Even we seasoned TW veterans refer to the KB once in a while. :biggrin:

Ah, you see, the advantage of experience. You know what you don't know. :grandpa::crazy:

I finaly solved that problem installing the new mirage factory weapons pack and also the weapons editor works well

Thank you to all for your help to solve this :ok: