I'm pinging on Corktip, Royohboy, HrntFixr, and Syrinx for some

US Navy US Marine Corps skins for Razbam's splendid A-1E.

The blue and grey team would fiercly apriciate them.

Perhaps a fictional TRIM skin too.

Thanks group

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

I don't have the Razbam Spads, and I know zilch about US Navy A-1Es, I'm afraid. Maybe someone else?

...I've been meaning to make one, but simply haven't gotten around to it. If I do, I'll share it with ya... (I normally keep my crap to myself... not nearly good enough for prime time!)

SB

you know you maybe able to get the skin(s) from the FS-9 birds I think he has a few repaints on flightsim.com

I've been meaning to do some work on the Razbam Spad's for a while but other things have taken priority. I do have them on my to do list but I'm afraid it won't be two weeks :blink:

I did start work on making a new template but I ended up trashing it by mistake.

Thanks group

I have this.....

AD5jpg.jpg

Regards, Pappy

Pretty cool but, IMHO, it really lacks weathering, and the panel lines are way too neat and dark. But otherwise the scheme is really nice!

I should maybe have a look at AD-5, but I can't promise it as real life's taking a big toll on me by now ;)

Edited by Corktip_14

Pretty cool but, IMHO, it really lacks weathering, and the panel lines are way too neat and dark. But otherwise the scheme is really nice!

Cork

That is Petes style. He always paints like that. Its perfect just the way it is.

I should maybe have a look at AD-5, but I can't promise it as real life's taking a big toll on me by now ;)

I honestly thing its a kicka#$ skin personally.

Hey Corktip....That was done about 2 1/2 years ago. It was just something to do....I'll spruce it up a bit...see where it goes...Pappy

Hey hey guys, don't take it badly, it was just MY opinion, nothing more, nothing less, not trying to impose this to anybody. And it wasn't meant to be an offense neither. Just some kind of "personnal feeling-trying to help with constructive criticism" :sorry:

Nice skin Pappy! The orange and white T-28s, and TA-4s I've seen at Pensacola where pretty bright and squeaky clean. I imagine they could get pretty grubby after a day of carrier quals on the Lexington tho. Especially if one has to spend any time chocked and chained to the deck during flight ops, but I believe that would be a rare event for a training squadron that mainly flys of the beech. I don't have any knowledge of what the routine for AD-5s in VT (AW?) squadrons was, but I bet they left clean and shiny and arrived with exhaust and maybe gun stains if gunnery was part of thier curriculum. It appears this VT squadron has a pretty comprehensive weapons delivery unit in thier program.

Edited by charlielima

I have this.....

AD5jpg.jpg

Regards, Pappy

:good:

Wow, very nice Pappy!

A long while back I started the same skin, but did´nt finished it cause of a HD crash...

:good:

Wow, very nice Pappy!

A long while back I started the same skin, but did´nt finished it cause of a HD crash...

Hey Charlielima / Soulfreak...

Here is the WIP on this aircraft. The original was pretty poor quality. This will be MUCH better....

AD-5jpg.jpg

Regards, Pappy

Oooh....Aaah! Looking forward to this.

I find it interesting that on midnight blue AD-5s that the MARINES decal lines up with the bars on the national insignia and the NAVY decal is elavated a bit. In gull grey the Navy decal appears both ways.

Thanks group

Done except for decals.....

img00005jpg-1.jpg

BTW...Anyone know the squadron? I couldnt make it out on the small pic.....Regards, Pappy

VC-33......

From AbleDogs.com

Edited by 331Killerbee

VC-33......

From AbleDogs.com

Thanks Gunny...you're the best...SEMPER FI!!!!!