Sign in to follow this  
JDSnypes

where did the enemies go?

Okay, i downloaded this addon aircraft f16 for WOV but when i try it in singepayer mission there is no enemy around, i mean the HQ just speak and say misison complete. i wanted to test the aircraft i downloaded on enemies.

Also while im at it, what if i want to fight some modern 4th/5th generation soviet aircaft, how do i do this? like how do i changed those mig 17 or mig 21 to like SU 32 or SU 35

The date at which you play is probably set AFTER the date at which the last enemy aircraft retires, which is bound to happen with the F-16 as it entered service "long" after the end of the Vietnam War.

If you add modern "red" aircrafts with compatible service dates, you will fly against them...

Without researching it, my guess would be you are flying your F-16 in a year that is after the service life of the North Vietnamese MiGs.

If the engine doesn't see any red air available in the year you are flying, you won't have any enemy to fly against.

"..open the FlightData.Cat, and extract the SingleMission.ini"

My FlightData.Cat contains no SingleMission.ini.

"..open the FlightData.Cat, and extract the SingleMission.ini"

My FlightData.Cat contains no SingleMission.ini.

And just what does that have to do with the original subject of this thread? :rolleyes: All classic TW titles have a singlemission.ini compressed into the FlightData.cat. If you can't see it, you're probably not looking hard enough... :biggrin:

And just what does that have to do with the original subject of this thread?

Wrench wrote:

"Sound like the "Beginning and End of Time"* hasn't been changed....

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=27492 "

Dear Fubar! Please click that link and read carefully! Then your question will be answered.

Now! Is there a more helpful person, who has an idea why my FlightData.Cat contains no SingleMission.ini? Did I extract the wrong one? I found it in the "Flight" Folder.

Edited by Briggstone

Now! Is there a more helpful person, who has an idea why my FlightData.Cat contains no SingleMission.ini? Did I extract the wrong one? I found it in the "Flight" Folder.

Hey man take it easy! Give the good guys here a chance to answer. I can guarantee that they will when they have the time.

Wrench wrote:

"Sound like the "Beginning and End of Time"* hasn't been changed....

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=27492 "

Dear Fubar! Please click that link and read carefully! Then your question will be answered.

Hey dude, you obviuosly did not understand what the "smilies" were for. If you found the missioncontrol.ini in your flight folder, it's because it was either already extracted, or part of a mod that you installed. That file normally resides in the missiondata.cat

Okay! Sorry for the missunderstanding!

Wrench wrote, I should extract the FlightDate.cat. But:

I found a singlemission.ini in the missiondata.cat. I extracted the whole missiondata.cat and got a new folder. There I changed the dates in the singlemission.ini like Wrench said.

Now, what must I do with the new singlemission.ini or the whole folder? Must I make a new missiondata.cat out of it? And if yes, how?

Edited by Briggstone

I found a singlemission.ini in the missiondata.cat. I extracted the whole missiondata.cat and got a new folder.

Wait, which sim are you running? SF2? If that's the case, your edited file should reside in the Flight Folder that's located inside the main sim folder, which by default (SF2 only) is in the 'My Documents' folder.

If you're working with the first gen-TW titles, the edited file should reside in the original flight folder.

Well! I´m running Wings Over Vietnam. My problem is, when I fly modern planes, there are no enemy fighters in single missions. So I need to change the start- and end-dates.

I already changed the dates in the options.ini. But it seems I also need to change the singlemission.ini I found in the missiondata.cat after extracting with CatPack.exe.

Now I have the following folders

WoV\options.ini ( modified )

WoV\Flight\missiondata.cat ( original )

WoV\Flight\missiondata ( extracted folder with the modified singlemission.ini )

The content of the modified singlemission.ini:

[Years]

PeriodStart=1920

PeriodEnd=2020

MaxServiceLife=5

[TargetValues]

MinStrikeTargetValue=100

HeavyStrikeValue=1000

NormalStrikeValue=200

Edited by Briggstone

Do you have modern enemy ac installed? There is a service start and service end date declaration in every individual aircraft's data.ini

Do you have modern enemy ac installed?

No! Where can I download modern enemy aircrafts?

I found the aircraft_data.ini of the Mig 29. I changed the dates there. Great! This realy solved my problem. Now I can fly that plane in 1970 against the enemy.

Thank you very much! :good:

Edited by Briggstone

I found the the aircraft_data.ini of all AI planes in the ObjectData.cat. I changed dates and put the data.inis into the specific aircraft-folders. Now the Ai aircrafts appear at any date.

Wow!!! That's EXACTLY the wrong way to go about it!!

From the relevant thread in our conviently supplied Knowledge Base,

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=27492

This will tell you how to change to 'year spread' of the game; making it cover a wider range of calendar years, and not having to mess with aircraft data ini service years, which should

NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER!!!! be messed with.

The ServiceYear= of an aircraft should only be adjusted when you are,

1) creating a 'nation specific' version that has carved in stone, hard data service years, or

2) correcting a mistake in said service dates

emphasis added for this post...

now, perhaps adjusting the "Exported" lines would be a better idea....mind you, the NVAF birds do NOT have these lines, and they'll need to be added

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1968 <- use +1 year of start of service

ExportAvailability= <--choose your type, RARE, COMMON, VERY_COMMON

or even easier, adjust this line, to something like this:

ServiceEndYear=2010

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes! I tried to go that way. But: In the thread is written: "..open the FlightData.Cat, and extract the SingleMission.ini. "

Well! First Problem: I did not find any SingleMission.ini in the FlightData.Cat. But I found one in missiondata.cat

I changed that SingleMission.ini

Now, where exactly must I put this modified singlemission.ini to?

I did not know where to put it. So I put it there: WoV\Flight\missiondata\singlemission.ini

and there: WoV\Flight\singlemission.ini

It did not have any effect.

So I found the the aircraft_data.inis of all NVAF planes in the ObjectData.cat, copied those into the plane folders and changed the

ServiceEndYears to 2020.

Success!

Edited by Briggstone

Ok, I've just went back and edited the procedure in the KB, to clarify, and to correct my mistake as to which cat to extract the ini from

to answer the question:

LEAVE IT THE /FLIGHT FOLDER -- THAT'S WHERE IT BELONGS!!!

why do you have so many pathways??? Are you creating folders where none belongs????

example pathway would be: C/ProgramFiles/Wings over Europe/Flight/singlemission ini

If it'll help, I'll take a screenshot of my folder to show you...

Wrench

kevin stein

Thank you very much! That´s all I wanted to know.

I extracted the missiondata.cat with CatPack. So I got a missiondata-folder. I had no idea what to do with that folder after changing the singlemission.ini. So I put the missiondata folder and a copy of the ini into flight folder. And I also tried to find out how to make a new missiondata.cat out of this missiondata folder. That was the third option on my mind. That is why I have so many funny pathways. Because I am a noob. A beginner. Absolutely! Please be patient! I try my very best.