Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Greece Prison Escape

The crazy part is they actually got away! I guess the guards had no weapons to stop the escape.

The crazy part is they actually got away! I guess the guards had no weapons to stop the escape.

Well, I doubt prisons carry shoulder mounted stinger launchers... but you would think that this prison would considering that these two have already done this kind of an escape before.

:blink::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's hilarious but scary at the same time! This being the country I plan to move to and live the rest of my life. Rather than incompetence, I fear that somewhere in all of this is a mix of threats of violence, money and fear coupled with a greedy and spineless person in charge.

Greece is a wonderful country but has a fair share of idiots in the civil service, that and the enormous amount of red tape it takes to get anything done. I bet that if netting was going to be put up even now, first a form would have to be filled in order to get another form from the same office that gives someone a place in a cue to get a ticket to get another form from another office so they can get another place in a cue at the first office for the correct form.

I know in cali the tower guards have mini 14's and scoped rifles

I don't know about the prison guards but the police in Greece are pretty well equipped. The normal cops seem to be equipped with various 9 mils of the Glock and Sig family. The airport cops at Eleftherios Venizelos though have some heavy duty magnum revolvers, not like the wimpy 9's at Birmingham, I feel very reassured when waiting for a plane in Greece that should a terrorist attempt anything, one shot is all it would take, he wouldn't be getting up for his rights!

Boarder police have some pretty heafty looking GR-3's up near the border with Skopje. They stopped my gf and her cousin on a road trip once, asked if they has been smoking hashish since the chlorine from pool had made their eyes water! Cops out in the styx just automatically see a city plate as evidence of dope running.

To misquote Oscar Wilde:

To lose these prisoners once may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose them twice looks like carelessness.

I can understand not having MANPADs, but what about fixed MGs? .50s or the like? That would stop vehicles and helos equally, unless they had a gunship...in which case the prison should simply gracefully surrender. :grin:

GREECE ESCAPED FROM PRISON????????????

I didn't even know it was there.

You had to know. After all, dressing up in leather and racing their greased lightnings up and down the streets, you had to know they'd get busted.

Beauty school dropouts...