Im doing the vmfa 212 campaign in ODS and have just flown a really cool mission into central baghdad to blow up a nuclear research facility. having completed the mission i was awarded the MOH. I was just wondering if this is a random occurence or whas it becuase i hit a nuclear target. There were no enemy CAPs about and i simple ingressed dropped 2 2000lbers on target and egressed. got shot at by a few zpus but that was about it. Any idea why i got the MOH?

cheers

Mike

Im doing the vmfa 212 campaign in ODS and have just flown a really cool mission into central baghdad to blow up a nuclear research facility. having completed the mission i was awarded the MOH. I was just wondering if this is a random occurence or whas it becuase i hit a nuclear target. There were no enemy CAPs about and i simple ingressed dropped 2 2000lbers on target and egressed. got shot at by a few zpus but that was about it. Any idea why i got the MOH?

cheers

Mike

Its based on target point value. You score a lot of points you get the medal.

Its based on target point value. You score a lot of points you get the medal.

Ah right. Didnt know that. Cheers Dave.

Lucky you.

I had a nightmare of a mission when doing some armed recce an obscene distance from base and in weather that was positively horrible for this kind of mission.

After a terrible start, things got sorted and an Iraqi convoy was blown to bits. Was awarded the Silver Star for my efforts.

Bad news was that my wingman, who i sent home after he was winchester, was shot down by a Mig.

Lucky you.

I had a nightmare of a mission when doing some armed recce an obscene distance from base and in weather that was positively horrible for this kind of mission.

After a terrible start, things got sorted and an Iraqi convoy was blown to bits. Was awarded the Silver Star for my efforts.

Bad news was that my wingman, who i sent home after he was winchester, was shot down by a Mig.

NO POINTS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Well the MOH i just received is the 5th medal ive had since beginning my vmfa 212 campaign. Ive had an air medal, DFC, MOH, purple heart and DSM. Flown 38 missions so far. Been shot down and wounded once. Not bad eh?

Edited by mikepie11986