Sign in to follow this  
Anthony W.

Non Static carriers in midway terrain?

I never get static carriers in WoE with the midway map. I have all the objects installed, but when I land I go right through it. What do I do? AND I DID READ THE README

The carriers are 'eye candy', and you did move them into the /GroundObjects folder when you unzipped the terrain and installed it??

Gepard found a workaround for the never-to-be-useable-with-game-generated-single-missions aircraft carriers by creating an "invisible airfield".

Which is why you "appear" to be sitting in the ocean. If you look around, with the free-camera view, you'll proably find yourself sitting smack dab in the middle of Nagumo's fleet (surrounded by carriers, destroyers, cruisers and sharks).

Flying off the boat will only be availabe if/when Baltika ever finishes the campaign for it (hell, I've done up all the aircraft needed, excpeting the we-ain't-got-it B-17E)

So, look around first .... and post a screenie if you can. Trust me, they appear for me!!

Wrench

kevin stein

EDIT: a screenie...with Hiryu, Soryr, Akagi and Kaga. The line of white dots are the Zekes I'm flying

The carriers are 'eye candy', and you did move them into the /GroundObjects folder when you unzipped the terrain and installed it??

Gepard found a workaround for the never-to-be-useable-with-game-generated-single-missions aircraft carriers by creating an "invisible airfield".

Which is why you "appear" to be sitting in the ocean. If you look around, with the free-camera view, you'll proably find yourself sitting smack dab in the middle of Nagumo's fleet (surrounded by carriers, destroyers, cruisers and sharks).

Flying off the boat will only be availabe if/when Baltika ever finishes the campaign for it (hell, I've done up all the aircraft needed, excpeting the we-ain't-got-it B-17E)

So, look around first .... and post a screenie if you can. Trust me, they appear for me!!

Wrench

kevin stein

They do appear, but I just can't tand on them. But I guess you just explained that.

:biggrin:

I surely did.

Expect to see this very same set up on the Hawaii, Marianas and SOMEDAY!! the Solomons rebuild

Wrench

kevin stein

:biggrin:

I surely did.

Expect to see this very same set up on the Hawaii, Marianas and SOMEDAY!! the Solomons rebuild

Wrench

kevin stein

SOLOMONS REBUILD! NOW YOUR GETTING MY HOPES UP!

Just waiting for the new trees from Deuces....and then recheck all 200 odd target areas to make sure they're not polluted with vegitation

There's also 2 "working" seaplane bases (using Gepard patented invisible airfield) Rekatta Bay and Shortland Island. I mean, gotta have someplace for those Rufes and Jakes I built to call home, right?

Wrench

kevin stein

I know this is probably a wild idea, but isn't it possible to make a static carrier for singleplayer missions? Or is it just a technicality? Reason I ask is because if you can make forward airstrips, I would figure the same thing can be done for that. I'm sure I'm making an assumption as usual, but is it doable?

I know this is probably a wild idea, but isn't it possible to make a static carrier for singleplayer missions? Or is it just a technicality? Reason I ask is because if you can make forward airstrips, I would figure the same thing can be done for that. I'm sure I'm making an assumption as usual, but is it doable?

Maybe a sea tile with a carrier painted on it? Or does that sound silly?

Maybe a sea tile with a carrier painted on it? Or does that sound silly?

not silly at all. would have to have the right elevation and such in it.

One problem though, how would you catapult off and trap back aboard?

On the Midway terrain, I still keep falling into the sea and exploding half way through the take off run. Not sure why.