Sign in to follow this  
Leidgenosse

Making planes in obejctdata.cat flyable in WoE

Hi all

Yesterday, I was messin around with the cat-extractor. I've seen there some planes, that have a data-file but don't show up in WoE, such as the F-104G 'zipper', the A-4B, The F-4B and some others. I guess they're included from WoV, SFP1 and SFG. Now is there a way to make them flyable with a few ini.edits or should I download them here at CA instead?

Because I made the stock MiG's flyable and all of them fly with an A-4B cockpit. My opinion is, that if there's a cockpit and a data-file, it should be possible to make them flyable without a huge effort, or am I wrong?

Thanks for your help guys

Simple, create a directory with the plane's name under Objects/Aicraft, put the [name of the aircraft].ini file inside, add a skin directory with skin files (they are missing, but by taking some downloadable one, it will work fine) and there you go...

Or, if you have $20 to spare, you can just buy the downloadable version of WoV/SFPG with the plane you want to import...

Thanks, gunrunner. I'll give it a try. If it is like you told me, then should be pretty easy to do it. :good:

I've tried to download WoI & SF2, but the issue is, that I have a maestro-card, not a master card, so I'm not able at the moment to download it from the Thudwire-site :dntknw:

But right now, I'm gonna skip trough the download-section for some adequate skins. :biggrin: We'll see if it works or not. But I hope I get this right.

Thanks

Hi there!

IIRC, while WOE is installed, there was a question if one wishes a clean WOE install or merged WOV/WOE install.

Choosing a merged WOE/WOV isntall should give you in WOE access to airplanes available in WOV, but missing in WOE (such as the F-4B for example).

Best Regards,

Svetlin

Somebody need to spend some time in the Knowledge Base...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=20789

As to the others, in particular WoE post patch, one just needs to browse the Objects.cat with Skypats Extractor Tool... one would be amazed at what can be found...

(meaning: the aircraft are already there)

WRench

kevin stein

Somebody need to spend some time in the Knowledge Base...

Been there, haven't seen it, but some other interesting stuff :blush2: .

Anyway, the zipper works fine with the given instructions from you all. Many thanks