Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Olham,

That Spad is... Whoa... :blink: Beautiful! :clapping:

That one's definitely on my DL list!

Regards,

Cobra427so

Well done Olham! A truly amazing skin.

Well done Olham! A truly amazing skin.

Agreed!...That skin is superb Olham...Your best yet!!!

Thanks all! I'll see, that I finish this today and put it in for download.

Red-Dog and Olham, beautiful Spads you have painted recently Gents. Kudos to you both, though I must admit I am a tad partial to Olham's Stars and Stripes.

stumpjumper, glad to see you are working on some of the Belgium Air Service skins. BTW, I tried to get your Hanriot model to work the other day but the test mission I wrote for it would not launch no matter what I tried. I was going to turn my hand to painting Willy Coppen's all-blue HD. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong with the Hanriot model?

Cheers!

Lou

lou send me the mission let me have a gander at it btw ive been working with fro on the willy coppens planes willbe done soon needs some weathering itmes liek that

post-24208-12510233160283_thumb.jpg

Here is a kind of sreen background, although not really formatted.

My latest adventures in my American SPAD XIII...

Okay Olham, so I replaced my wallpaper of the first picture of the American Spad with this new collage, thank you. Almost looks like two german birds clawing at each other doesn't it?

Yeah, these colours would have been only allowed on German craft, that's true.

Some close air support.

RedDog, does this picture tell us the sad story: the "Fantome" has crashed?

The French put it the other way round : for "Red Dog" they say "Chien Rouge"

My 1st OFF skin, a DFW in the 3-color blue hex pattern of the naval planes. As such, I guess it should only be used by the naval bomber squadron. This isn't any specific plane, it's just the normal camo for planes that spent a lot of time over water.

Show the front too, please! She's looking elegant somehow in her sea robe.

I did a campaign start with her today, and switched over for rear gunner, when 8 Pups

appeared. But our 5 Albatros DIII fearlessly went into battle and drove them away.

So I didn't fire a single shot.

But I found the controll for the observer a bit limited. I could only turn with the gun,

no TrackIR, and aiming with the joystick would be nasty. Any other ideas, anyone?

Edited by Olham

Very nice Bullethead...And a refreshing change from the German Fighters!

I did a campaign start with her today, and switched over for rear gunner, when 8 Pups

appeared. But our 5 Albatros DIII fearlessly went into battle and drove them away.

So I didn't fire a single shot.

But I found the controll for the observer a bit limited. I could only turn with the gun,

no TrackIR, and aiming with the joystick would be nasty. Any other ideas, anyone?

Hi Olham, as I recently posted I found that a pc gamepad works very well for an observer controller. Gives better more realistic control and feels right for holding the gun. I did nothing to configure the pad. I just plugged in the USB and the default for the pad was look/aim with left thumbstick and fire weapon was either buttons 1 or 2. I may configure eventually but work good just like that. A big improvement IMHO. It is easy to switch guns when you change positions, just keep the pad close at hand it automaticly works.

Bullethead, sir that is a fine job. I hope one day for the Hansa Brandenberg W29 with that pattern. You have done me a favor, if I can download her.

OK, here she is, muddy feet and all.

NOTE: Ohlam just wants to see the front because he was my consultant on the nose color and what you see is his idea. The DFW 3D model has a problem in that the entire nose needs to be the same color due to some 3D vents on the nose being textured with their own piece of skin instead of using the main fuselage skin. In this naval scheme, the upper fuselage is dark gray and the sides are light blue, but the same vent skin would be in both areas so some of them wouldn't be the right color. So, you have 2 options skinning this beast. Either paint the whole nose some non-camo color as like a personal marking, or paint all the vents like bare metal on top of the camo colors. Ohlam and I decided the solid nose color looked best, and Ohlam like the black option best out of the several options I tried.

Very nice Bullethead...And a refreshing change from the German Fighters!

Thanks. I haven't done a skin a several years so I'm a bit rusty. I'll do better next time yes.gif .

Bullethead, sir that is a fine job. I hope one day for the Hansa Brandenberg W29 with that pattern. You have done me a favor, if I can download her.

As soon as the download thingy of this forum is working again, I'll put this skin there.

I, too, would like to see some German floatplanes for Marinekorps Flandern. I'm the meantime, I'm going to do some Albatri in either this scheme or the brown naval 3-color hex. Or perhaps the counter-tone version with the upper wing in blue and the lower wing in brown yess.gif .

Well I am celebrating my 1001 post in this forum by flying my American Spad as Captain Richard E. Crate. The skin is curtousy of Herr Olham. The DVa in the pics is the Reichsadler skin also created by Olham. Many thanks. This was also my first flight using TIR3 with Vector Expansion. Formerly I had 2 points of freedom now I have 5 like so many of you. Very nice upgrade. This sim keeps changing for me and getting better, as hard as that is to believe.

post-45792-12511651927929_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12511652230195_thumb.jpg

post-45792-1251165250531_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rickitycrate

Too much fun! Continuation of the above post as I have another skin I love. This one, the Reed Cambers 1919 SpadXIII by Red Dog. I took her up on campaign and brought down a DVII and a balloon. OFF looks better than ever and my TIR upgrade really works great and makes me feel like I'm in the cockpit more than ever before. Pics don't do justice... thanks Red Dog!

post-45792-12511773177472_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12511773738371_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12511774009468_thumb.jpg

RedDog, does this picture tell us the sad story: the "Fantome" has crashed?

The French put it the other way round : for "Red Dog" they say "Chien Rouge"

Hi Olham, I'am sorry to say that Fantome is ................................NO More..................

I think we all had a bit to much to drink at His wake,my Caporal had a paint brush in his hand? and i told him to get the new guy's plane ready.

I will have my ground crew shot for what they have done are they stupid!!!

My 1st OFF skin, a DFW in the 3-color blue hex pattern of the naval planes. As such, I guess it should only be used by the naval bomber squadron. This isn't any specific plane, it's just the normal camo for planes that spent a lot of time over water.

Hi Bullethead, that's one mighty fine looking bird.clapping.gif

Edited by Red-Dog

Too much fun! Continuation of the above post as I have another skin I love. This one, the Reed Cambers 1919 SpadXIII by Red Dog. I took her up on campaign and brought down a DVII and a balloon. OFF looks better than ever and my TIR upgrade really works great and makes me feel like I'm in the cockpit more than ever before. Pics don't do justice... thanks Red Dog!

Cheer's Rickity, i'am so glad to see you having so much fun with the skins we have made, it keeps us wanting to make more.

Let me know which one you would like next?, and i'll see if i can knock it up.

BH: Ohlam just wants to see the front because he was my consultant on the nose color and what you see is his idea.

Herr Bullethead is hiding his light under a bushel. Black nose with white spinner was his idea for one version early on.

I only disliked a green nose version, and suggested a ring for the white, so the tip would be black again.

Bullet, when you make a Marineflieger-Albatros, I'll be the first to shout "Here!"

Oh, and it's "Olham", not Ohlam" (my familiy name Mahlo backwards).

Rickity, what game controller do you use? Maybe I should get me one at Ebay. Sounds good.

Your dogfight with two of my skins was a good idea. I never had the idea of doing that.

RedDog - I wish you more luck with the "Chien Rouge" this time.

Oh, isn't it alomst too much fun we have with OFF, the forum, and the skinning, boys? :yes:

Edited by Olham

Olham, I happen to be using a NYKO AirFlow EX. It is a standard pad layout, 2 thumbsticks, but it has an internal fan to keep your hands cool. The fan is a gimmick. I'ld rather have FFB for the observer.

Cheer's Rickity, i'am so glad to see you having so much fun with the skins we have made, it keeps us wanting to make more.

Let me know which one you would like next?, and i'll see if i can knock it up.

Red Dog. Anyone you might want to attempt would be great! Maybe the "Barber Pole" would be the easiest? The "Checkerboard" is a favorite tho. Any/all would be appreciated but take your time and enjoy yourself.

Red Dog. Anyone you might want to attempt would be great! Maybe the "Barber Pole" would be the easiest? The "Checkerboard" is a favorite tho. Any/all would be appreciated but take your time and enjoy yourself.

Checkerboard it is then. good.gif