MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

THIS-AIN'T-NO-GAME!

Hey, Mack, long time not seen you. You must be running a very detailed resolution -

I can even count the spokes on the wheels. Great picture!

Had two good f(l)ights today.

My "Marineflieger" with MFJ-1 shortened the RFC for 4 FE2b; his comrades for another 3.

Early afternoon we had a balloon defense and met the flight of Rhys-Davids from 56 RFC

with their brandnew S.E.5a fighters. So new actually, they hadn't got used to them - we

shot them all down (sorry, no pics there - was too intensive).

After that, I started a campaign with Jasta 9 again, Chery-les-Pouilly, summer 1918.

I wanted to check the "new" SPADs, which I used to down so easily.

Well, I got one frm Esc.84, east of Guise - but look, what his wingman has done to my

"White Bird". They are a lot more dangerous now!

This game is such a pleasure to fly and just to experience!

Great pics guys and I agree Mack. I feel fortunate and privilaged to experience OFF.

I'm starting up a Roland C.II career with FA3b. I was flying an artillery spotting mission where absolutely nothing happened. no artillery barrages or anything in the area-- so, I went down into the weeds and started looking for something. as it turned out, the white chalky roads of French mining country (I love this detail). even at a height of 5,000 ft I could make out the faintest traces of movement on the ground: little black specks on the grey chalky roads.

(this is a great detail because during the war, the pale chalky roads were clearly visible from enormous distances. often strips of cloth and netting were spread out across stretches of the road to obscure road-traffic from observation. this was especially the case with tethered observation balloons. the cloth would be offset at angles so that from the shallow fields-of-view afforded balloons, that it would be harder for them to see troop and supply convoys. there was no hope of concealing road traffic from fixed wing aircraft, hence the need for fighters to keep intruders away).

sorry, but I just love how I was able to spot troop movements on the chalky roads. at any rate, it didn't seem like the artillery guns were ever going to do anything. so I got down low and slow and started strafing British troops. I was barely 100 ft off the ground and I had to be careful. for 1916 the Roland is a fast plane--but it's really mushy on the controls, and it doesn't roll very well (historically accurate). so if I didn't watch my energy management at such a low altitude, I could easily wind up dead. even so, I pressed my attacks as close as 100 ft away before I pulled up. I got so close I could see piles of dead bodies as I flew past them. (by the way, I paused the game to get cockpit snap-- I don't have Track-IR, so I can't just glance down through the wing cut-outs like I could in real-life. heh, if I get good at this, I want to put some sort of ominous symbol on the belly of my Roland C.II. let the Tommies know who's coming back for another helping of English blood! vampire.gif

Edited by Waldemar Kurtz

So true Olham!

This is a SIMULATION in every sense of the word. I'm hoping with the turning of the weather ill be able to 'justify' some more stick time. S!

Great report and pics, Waldemar!

And yes, put an own emblem on your Roland - makes it even more fun.

And you should save the money for TrackIR. You could really look out through the lower windows just by

moving your head as you would do in reality.

In a great fight against Rhys-Davids and his 56 RFC boys yesterday, I wouldn't have wanted to miss it.

The look back over your shoulder is so real, so thrilling!

There was a red Triplane in the Royal Flying Corps - that of Richard Minifie.

I had to get him, of course, for infringement of copyright.

I got so close I could see piles of dead bodies as I flew past them.

Now that's cool! It looks like some of them are tending the wounded. Either that, or their delivering some operatic tenor duet at the loss of their leader lol.gif

I see you've gotten your Seebatros fuselage paint lined up very nicely, too.

Only looks like from a distance, Bullet - no, it is not yet solved.

I fly close to my man, aim well, and of course he goes down.

And sometimes I even manage to avoid colliding with him grin.gif

AAARRGHH. Im gunning for that red tripe flyin Minifie character myself. He and about ten of his boys shot up my aerodrome and forced me to land there twice with a shot up radiator!! I've killed about 4 triplanes from his squad since then, trying to find his sorry behind....we WILL cross paths again one day.skull.gif

ZZ.

Yeah, clobber the basterd, Zoomzoom! Advantage of height would be good - and then hammer down on him.

Well, to be honest, I think Navarre has the copyright on painting one's machine red... for which see the aces skins thread. :grin: Strange that Minifie's machine looks so red on your shot, 'cos if you check the Sopwith Triplane skins Minifie's is just that peculiar chestnut brown with red fin and wheelcovers.

Could he have two skins, and one is red? I'll post shots from my last fight - I have run into him again.

And Zoomzoom - I sent him into the mud again!!!

14/;5/;1917 ;10h;8 ;Flanders ;Aertrycke ;Artillery spotting ; Flying: Albatros DIII early.

On this day claims: ;4 ;Sopwith Tripe.

Artillery spotting at 1917Ypres2 1 29; east of Ypres we engaged a flight of 6 Sopwith Tripelane

from RNAS-1; among them aces. I fired three bursts into the craft of Cyril Burfield Ridley, and

he crashed at 10h19 east of Ypres. A second Tripe flew right into my field of view and I fired

a long burst into the craft. A wing came off, and the Tripe crashed at 10h19. By now, I found

myself alone with only Max-Johann Meyer near. We got circled by 3 or 4 Tripes. My craft got

hit in the tail section and showed slight damage.

I could fire several bursts into the red craft of Richard Minifie and the craft of Roderick Dallas.

Both craft performed rather bad now.

Meyer shot down one Tripe west of my position. I climbed away a bit, returned and shot down

Richard Minifie at an altitude of 411 feet; at 10h21. Roderick Dallas tried to escape. I could see

Flak fire in front of him - more Triplanes arrived. I fired a long range burst into his craft, and he

crashed into the trees at 10h24 east of Ypres. Meyer shot down another Triplane, that had been

damaged before.

Then we turned home, but the new Tripes chased and split us; I did some stump jumping, but with

5 Triplanes firing at me, I had to put the Albatros down behind a tree line.

Witnessed by: Josef Muller, Max-Johann Meyer, Wilhelm Jaroch, Alfred Barkusky Status : Pending ;84

And now for something humorous.....

This is how I envision my fighter Fees in Bloody April. As you can see, it's been shot up numerous times, requiring major component replacement. Note the upper right outer wing is from a hangar queen with the old-style inboard roundel placement. There's also a relative new right elevator. The lower left wingtip had to be rebuilt and there wasn't enough linen on hand to cover it, so they used a table cloth from the mess.

All this has given everybody concerned with the machine a bad attitude. They have expressed this with anachronistic graffiti and bumper stickers.

I hope this skin entices a few folks to try out the Fee as a fighter in Bloody April. It's great fun, but it's not a job for the faint of heart no.gif .

LOL! rofl.gif

God, I wish I'd thought of doing that first BH. But I'll be doing that now! Good one Sir.

Cheers!

Lou

As I said in my last PM: you like to fight it the Bruce-Willis-style - Die hard; again and again.

Now, I knew the British are very good at improvising, but this is almost Monty Python style.

But yes - they are also world champions on the field of good, black humour.

I watched the flying Fee in the vid at Vintage Aviator. I got a closer feel to that craft, as they

even dressed in old leather coats. But how anyone can seriously want to fly that funny craft...

Well, forget that "seriously" - with that table cloth, the Germans may think you come to drop

joke bombs, or Lachgas (laughing gas?).

A great - when also strange - design. I think, some Fee pilots will download her. :clapping:

God, I wish I'd thought of doing that first BH. But I'll be doing that now!

Good. I was hoping this would inspire others to make some clapped-out, battle-scarred skins black%20eye.gif .

I watched the flying Fee in the vid at Vintage Aviator. I got a closer feel to that craft, as they even dressed in old leather coats. But how anyone can seriously want to fly that funny craft...

The most amazing thing about that video is that the Pfalz flew a circle around the Fee without falling sideways out of the air rofl.gif .

As to why anybody would want to fly it, IMHO you're not a REAL fighterpilot until you can live through Bloody April in a Fee. Anybody can do well in a scout, but it takes some flying to beat scouts in a Fee laugh.gif .

I think, some Fee pilots will download her.

Well, we'll see. I censored the bumper stickers with bullet patches, but perhaps not enough to get by the mods....

Excellent Olham, I shot him up myself yesterday as well, sent him spiralling in over the trenches. A toast to our succesful veangance!

Bullethead. Great creative skinning! I love it. I always thought a good variation to the theme of German planes being "dazzle painted" to throw off enemy aim, would be to put a nude centefold spread on the top wing. That might do it!! And perhaps a "cute behind" or some ta-tas on the top of the horizontal stab!! People would be too busy staring to shoot it down!rofl.gif

ZZ.

Enjoy these pics from yesterdays Halberstadt sortie with Jasta 2 Bertincourt.

Wasn't the other pilot in the pics Hasse Wind?

Here's my personal 'WM' DVII, which I took at about 4,000 feet, about 2 mins before I was bounced by SE5a's..and was shot down :(

post-22245-1252868766391_thumb.jpg

This skin is of Josef Keller's DVII of Jasta 43 circa 1918

post-22245-12528782013492_thumb.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker