MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Why "Happy Birthday"? Ah, you mean the Camel behind me?

I shot him up alone, and then rushed through his fumes, when he pulled up.

Thanks Hellshade, but close? I could have had the boys slap another coat of varnish on the kite and there still would have been room to squeak by.

Thank you as well Dej, and the shot with the engine exploding out in that fashion was all sorted through ahead of time...NOT. No amount of prior planning will ever replace pure dumb luck.

Cheers!

Lou

Yea, the engine flying off was amazing, have never seen that before and I love the old time look. Can you make some like Helshade's, in high definition?

Great shot Tranquillo

Olham, the "Happy Birthday" was due to your "cure for anti aging" comment. I thought you were using OFF to distract yourself from the passing of another year. My mistake.

So...Happy Un-birthday!!! :drinks:

Edited by Scouseair68

You know rabu, I have tried repeatedly to save these projects in Windows Moviemaker at the same quality that FRAPS records them in, (which is superb HD), but every time I end up with a lower quality finished product. I am guessing it is a shortcoming of the Moveimaker software itself.

You know rabu, I have tried repeatedly to save these projects in Windows Moviemaker at the same quality that FRAPS records them in, (which is superb HD), but every time I end up with a lower quality finished product. I am guessing it is a shortcoming of the Moveimaker software itself.

Do you have Windows Live Movie Maker? It has a 1080P Save option that does pretty good. It STILL doesn't look as good as FRAPS but it does look better than the 360 format that Movie Maker defaults too. You must have Windows Vista or Windows 7 to use Live Movie Maker though.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker

Hellshade

I finally got a damn scramble mission!!! Been waiting forever to get one of those.

Hellshades Campaign Video #16 (7:05) - 1080P HD

It was so much fun I did a couple of "Refly Last Mission" options. Here's what happened on the first Refly attempt. I'm uploading the second Refly now and it should be ready for posting in the morning.

Hellshades Campaign Video #17 (2:20) - 1080P HD

Enjoy all,

Hellshade

Nice ones.. in the 2nd one you finally got nailed! What's the bail out key?

Hihi - the "anti-aging cure" of OFF lies in the fact, that my pilots never get old. :grin:

Not sure. I've never used it since I don't have a chute, but I guess I could have jumped once I landed with my crate on fire.

I reflew the Scramble Mission one last time (man those things are fun!). A damn good fight too. I replaced commentary with music for this one. I hope you enjoy it.

Hellshades Campaign Video #18 (8:05) - 1080 HD

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

More splendid videos there Hellshade, well done!

Cheers!

Lou

More beautiful screenshots here folks, as one has come to be expect from you talented lot of flyers. :good:

Cheers!

Lou

Believe it is OOO - three times. Out of the Office indeed! :grin:

A little 1916 DH2 Campaign action

Hellshades Campaign Video #19 (6:49) - 1080 HD

Enjoy,

Hellshade

Outstanding Hellshade, and apparently great minds do think alike as I also just completed a video of a DH2 battle I engaged in. :smile:

I purposely pushed my kite up to and beyond where you would want to push her on a few occasions in order to show how to get back out of the tight spots. I did not edit this in any way, and filmed it all by flipping between cockpit and fly-by views to better illustrate the DH2 tactics I use, as well as some of the mistakes that can be made when fighting in the skittish little bird.

Cheers!

Lou

Good Morning All,

After a response I made to a message from Dej late last night, concerning the ins and outs of the DH2, I concluded it might be more helpful if I offered a running critique of the 3-on-1 fight I had. So, I have gone through and done just that:

Hope this offers some insight for those who have not had much stick time in the "Spinning Incinerator".

Cheers!

Lou

Here is my first attempt at a video. I don't have the full version of Fraps, so its a little difficult keeping the scenes smooth. Of interest is the last portion where there are some scenes with bombers. It would be fun to have a nice video or two of some bombing missions. Anyone up for that?

Very good Ras, nice video. I purchased the full FRAPS edition some time ago and it was well worth the small amount it cost me, IMHO. Keep 'em coming Sir, and I'd be up for filming a bombing mission.

Cheers!

Lou

I like the explanations for the DH2 fight Lou. Helps the viewer to know what's happening. Despite your mistakes, I think you handled the "Spinning Incinerator" quite well. It is a ghastly thing to fly. Far too slow and ponderous on the turns for my liking, but then again that is the challenge with flying the early birds, isn't it? A good video. Keep em coming!:drinks:

Ras, you did some excellent camera work on your first video. I thought you did a great job keeping the enemy aircraft in view during their death spirals. Well done! Always fun to see the bad guys go down too, eh? :good: But bombing the home base?!? Did the C.O. Deny another Claim form on you again?

As for myself, I've been looking for ways to improve the image quality of the videos. FRAPS makes a great capture, but then as soon as you run it through Windows Live Movie Maker, even on 1080 HD mode, it loses an awful lot of sharpness. Scenery and planes in the distance tend to look fuzzy. So after looking around a bit and test driving a few Video Editing packages, I finally decided on AVS Video Editor. I'm still learning how to add wipes, fades, text and all that good stuff, but here's a 3 minute clip of the quality I'm able to get out of it. I think the images a bit sharper and does Over Flanders Fields a little more justice as to how nice it looks. This is raw video of a 6 v 6 Triplane Quick Combat.

Raw Video (3:07) 1080 HD

If you pause it at 1:31 there's a beautiful shot of a DR 1 that looks very clean and crisp. There's another close up right at the end of the clip. From 3:04 - 3:07. Most of the fuzzy factor has been wiped away. I think the terrain stands out a little nicer as well. Hopefully I'll be able to put together something that looks a bit more polished and professional.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Thanks, Hellshade.. I thought it wouldn't take long for someone to notice I had bombed my own airfield. Of course it was just practice, right? Thank your for your compliment and Ii too being new at this am very disapointed at the quality that we lose once it goes thru the movie maker . I use that one also. I did pause and saw the DR1 and it was a great view.

LOU-- I'll look for your bombing mission in the future.

And I just finished this one just hours ago and am very happy with it. Please excuse the short sequence with the labels, but FLYING AT NIGHT is another story; Everyone should give this a try on a summer night. Check it out here: It is all about flying during dusk and darkness:

Neat one, RAS, not bad for your first video!

URL=http://combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=13172]gallery_50835_358_39898.jpg[/url] :grin:

URL=http://combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=13172]gallery_50835_358_39898.jpg[/url] :grin:

He's either very, very brave, or very, very foolish!........................................foolish!

That is a beautifully rendered pic CJ! I literally just saved it as the background for my desktop in Windows. Such wonderful detail in both the planes and scenery.

So tell me, how did that fight end? Ha.

Hellshade