MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Hellshade, you really are a wonder with those videos of yours. A very hearty "Well done!" to you Sir for all your fine, quality efforts. :good:

Olham, what type of monitor are you running and what are your color settings? Your screenshots are always so vibrant. Very nice.

My monitor is a SAMTRON 91S (4:3) - nothing special, I think.

But what I often do in Photoshop, is to adjust contrast and brightness a bit,

or sometimes I use the auto-correct functions for "color" or "contrast",

before I save it as a Jpeg. The above shot did look like this originally:

Edited by Olham

Olham, your skins displayed on your new pc rig look especially nice. Thanks for sharing with us.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

special%20delivery.png

:good:Hellshade, the terrain looks great and I didn't notice any video screen tearing in these, even though they were filmed in bright day light.. did you find some solution?

As usual, great flying and filming, btw

Take your time, Hellshade. I'm sure the final result will be as spectacular as all the rest.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. It's very much appreciated. :salute:

I appreciate your patience too HPW. Looking at all of the changes you have made, I can see the only way to do this properly is with a lot of different clips from various dogfights. I'm not going to recycle anything I've already posted, so I've been working on putting together what I will need. I will say after having done a number of dogfights with your DM mod installed, it's a lot of fun and addresses some issues very well. I'd seriouly consider it for Campaign use if you're able to make that happen.

Hellshade

Discovering the Alsace for me recently, I have now also enlisted with Jasta 77b - I want to fly them all.

They have violett tailplanes (not really my taste, but what can I do?), and I made a skin for this with

a phantastic Bavarian creature as my emblem: the "Wolpertinger". That's an animal put together from

many animals - looks really strange, like UncleAl and I do, when we forget to take off our TrackIR

reflectors, before we go to the post box.

Had a fine fight. Four British SPAD XIII attacked my 4 wingmen and me on our patrol from high above.

I did not command them to fight, but pressed the "Help" key. Now they followed me, and fired at any

craft, that got close to me. This way, my back was free, and I shot one SPAD up so much, that he ran.

Then I attacked a second craft and hit it from close on. It's tricky with Creaghorn's tracers, to see if you

really hit the enemy craft. I have far less success, which is good; it makes the kill number believeable.

I shot that one up, and he descended smoking and crashed.

Firing at a third craft, my ammo went out. Now I commanded the wingmen to attack the remaining 2

SPAD. I watched it from overhead, and whenever one SPAD crawled up on them, I chose that one as

target and pressed "Attack". My men fought really well and shot the top wing of one craft; two minutes

later, the other Tommy fell. I had lost one craft, and the pilot is yet missing.

Makes me always a bit sad, but all in all, we did really well, I think.

Edited by Olham

Thank you, Rickitycrate and Carrick! Here is one from my last sortie with Jasta 50.

Two SPAD XIII downed, but could only claim one - for the other, I had no wingmen near to witness.

Edited by Olham

URL=http://combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=13422]gallery_50835_358_23416.jpg[/url]

gallery_50835_358_24474.jpg

gallery_50835_358_21649.jpg

From the 84 Sq fight, Albatross s Everywhere

Edited by carrick58

Thank you, Hellshade. I really look forward to your cinematic presentation.

The campaign version is coming along nicely and will be ready very soon. I don't anticipate any problems getting it to work.

Oh no - you didn't shoot them, did you?!?

Great shots all.

Olham, let us have a closer look at your Wulpertinger skin. Sounds fascinating. Is it a Germanic legend? Like the Greek Chimera maybe.

Scouseair, here are the old and the new emblem for that Albatros "Wolpertinger".

The "Skinning Virus" is still active - today I made me a new Albatros D.Va for MFJ-1.

I had discovered the Lozenge-painted bird of Ludwig Reimann, Jasta 78b, which was painted by Paarma,

I believe (?). I combined it with yellow cowling and rudder, typical marking for MFJ-1.

For fun, I repeated a "Scramble" 4 times, until I found the right way to fight such attacks.

(See my new thread about that.)

Edited by Olham

Thanks for the info and pics Olham. Definitely one for the pages of Fortean Times.

It has sharp, pointed teeth and long floppy ears.....

It's only a little white rabbit!!! Gaaaaaarghhh.

:lol:

Hellshade:" Did I miss something? How did you get rid of the video tearing? It might benefit all of us.

Hellshade:" Did I miss something? How did you get rid of the video tearing? It might benefit all of us.

Installed new Nvidia drivers

Ambient Occlusion : Quality

Aniso Filter : 16x

AA Gamma Correction : On

AA Mode : Overrride any application setting

AA Setting : 16xQ

AA Transparency : Multisampling

CUDA - GPUS : All

Extension Limit : On

Max Pre-renders frames : 7

Anisotropic Sample : On

Negative LOD Bias : Allow

Texture Filtering - Quality : Quality

Trilinear optimization : On

Tripple Buffering : On

Vertical Sync : Force On

Resolution : 1680 x 1050

Sliders : Aircraft 5, Terrain 4, Scenery 4, Effects 5, Clouds 5

Overrides : Don't checkmark any of the Disable vertex / index buffers

Z-Bias : All set to 1 or 0 except Z-Bias Clouds set to 8 to help reduce Cloud popping issues.

It's still not perfect but it seems to have improved things quite a bit, even while recording which drops my frame rates down to the mid 30s and 40s sometimes (but usually stays in the mid 50s) and that always raises the amount of white triangles I see in OFF. It looks better when not recording and my frame rates stay in the mid to upper 50s. I can eliminate them 99% by switching Terrain slider to 3, but I feel there is too much loss of quality details to be worth the trade off. The terrain and scenery in OFF is not bland at all, so I don't wish to portray it as such in the videos. I think a little tearing now and then is worth it for that.

Hope that helps

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade