10 November 1916 Jasta 2: BE2c on fire:

1916-11-10%20Jasta%202%20BE2c%20on%20fire-3.jpg

10 December 1916 Jasta 2: Balloon busting

1916-12-10%20Jasta%202%20Balloon%20busting.jpg

10 December 1916 Jasta 2: heading home:

1916-12-10%20Jasta%202%20heading%20home.jpg

21 December 1916 Jasta 2: Fe2b on fire

1916-12-21%20Jasta%202%20Fe2b%20on%20fire.jpg

Screen shots directly from the game. Only converted to jpg's.

Cheers

vonOben

And a few from my Jasta 9 campaign:

17 June 1917: Jasta 9: Nieuport 24 on fire:

1917-06-17%20Jasta%209%20Nieuport%2024%20on%20fire-1.jpg

1917-06-17%20Jasta%209%20Nieuport%2024%20on%20fire-2.jpg

Cheers

vonOben

Ah, another Albatros-Man - great!

Wonderful pictures you shot there, von Oben - it seems you're getting into it now.

I am very glad that you got your graphic problems sorted out.

Edited by Olham

I am very glad that you got your graphic problems sorted out.

Thanks, yes it was possible with a little help from my friends over here :bye:

Cheers

vonOben

Excellent shots VonOben. Seldom have I seen a more atmospheric shot than "Heading Home"

@vonOben: wow, great shots. I can tell you've got those settings cranked! look all those treeeeeeeeees! good.gif

First shot at a new Nieuport skin. Just a simple mod which was easy thanks to the genius of Rabu and his attention to detail.

pic1y.png

pic2z.png

pic3m.png

Hellshades Campaign Video #21 (9:47) - 720 HD FULLY VOICED

[url=

][/url]

I filmed a great campaign mission flying a Sopwith Pup in RNAS 8. We were tasked with Balloon Busting just behind enemy lines, however we had to take care of some Albatros DIIs before we could take our shot at it. Great dogfighting, tree top level stall recovery, rocket attacks on balloons and all in some really rotten weather. I had to do some fancy editing in order to get it all below the 10 minute youtube limit and for some strange reason it would crash to desktop every time I tried to convert it to 1080HD on the last stage of the editing process, so unfortunately I have to present it to you in 720 HD. It is fully voiced however so I hope you enjoy the video despite the fact it isn't quite as clear as my usual posts.

Enjoy,

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Sometimes you just need a little help up there. :grin:

Lord, Hear My Prayer (0:51) 1080 HD Fully Voiced

Enjoy,

Hellshade

Nice job, Hellshade! If your claims are confirmed, that would make you a one mission ace!

Is that the voice of a calculating, cold-blooded killer?

Nice job, Hellshade! If your claims are confirmed, that would make you a one mission ace!

Is that the voice of a calculating, cold-blooded killer?

No sir. It's the voice of an optimist. The Big Guy Upstairs can do some pretty great miracles when He wants to. Part the Red Sea. Raise people from the dead. Blow 3 hun planes out of the sky with a single AA round. You name it. But getting a single kill claim approved through the COs office, let alone 5 in one day...well now, that's just a bit unreasonable to ask for, wouldn't you say? :dntknw:

Hellshade

I don't really like ground attacks, but this one with Jasta 21 was great fun!

My boys attacked some Renault trucks on a bridge, whilst I blew up some tents, boxes, barrels and trucks nearby.

Ritter von Schleich, Emil Thuy, Karl Thom and Rudolf Matthaei attacked some gun position not far from us.

Only negative point was: me and my flight had attacked the wrong target - didn't get any credit.

But hey, that can happen, when you fly without TAC - it was fun anyway!

Balloon defense was successful for Jasta 21 today; 5 Sopwith Strutter sent down in flames. Balloon unharmed.

More great screenshots vonOben, nbryant, and Olham. Very nice, and thanks for sharing.

Just had one of my finest fights against a French Nieuport 24 pilot from Escadrille 78.

He parried my attacks with great style, as these pictures may show. It was an honour to fight him.

It wasn't his flying, that made him loose, but the terrible fire power of the Albatros.

I had hit him with a short burst; he carried on fighting great, but suddenly - as if a cable had snapped -

his agile craft lost it's ability to turn tight. He flew a wide turn, I crossed into it, and shot him down.

It felt really sad, when it was over.

(By the way: these screenshots were made with the ATI setting "Edge detect")

This Sortie was a Double Event for me, that turned into a non-event though

Flying my Jasta 17 Albatros D.II (St.Quentin-le-Petit, 28. April 1917), I had a "double event" today.

1. I met René Fonck for the very first time in OFF - and shot his SPAD VII burning!

2. for the first time I tried to use a cloud as a runaway cover from a following Nieuport 17 - and it worked! The French pilot lost me!

The clash and following fight with that Escadrille of aces took part at high altitude, and those guys didn't make the mistakes of

diving down to the deck. They used their SPAD as one would do it - climb back to an advantaged position after an attack.

So it was very hard for me to get into the fight at all, but then one SPAD came down to attack my wingman, and I saw him coming

and brought myself into the best position. The pilot was René Fonck. He collected such a terrible burst from close range, that his

SPAD began producing dark smoke. I had him! Following him, I saw a fire break out around the engine. There I left him, it was

too dangerous with so many French aces around and above me.

I even got another one, and this one I got with good deflection shooting. He was circling with me, but higher, and he didn't let me

get closer. But then I could fire at a spot some meters in front of him. Although Creaghorn's tracers are much harder to see than

those from OFF, I could see them well against the azure of the high sky. And so I shot up the engine of Monsieur Schmitt, another

French ace.

But then my ammo went out, just when I tried to drive a Nieuport 17 off a wingman. Now it was me, who had to run!

The Nupe was pretty close, there was that white cloud in front of me, and I went diving right into it! For seconds without sight,

the panic crawled up, I might be diving to steeply, and rip off my wings! I performed a wide right turn. Would the Frenchman follow?

But when I came out the lower end, he wasn't there anymore!

Now to the non-event: the whole sim suddenly froze, and after a while, I got back to the desktop. No claims for Fonck and Schmitt!

I checked the bottom right corner and saw: KASPERSKI SECURITY had started an automatic update! That must have been the crash!

In future, I will unplug the net connection, and then switch off the Anti-Virus Protection for the flying time.

What do you guys think about the subtle colours of the Labels? (I had to switch them on, to check who we were fighting there!)

Edited by Olham

Added more re-engineered layers of shading, panels and texture. Posting a sample here........... who says the krumpets are the only ones allowed to enjoy color.

24321033.png

They actually seemed to be the least allowed to enjoy colour, nbryant. Nice one! Perhaps - can you get the yellow a bit "warmer"?

CANOEING IN THE ARGONNE FORREST

I think it was ZoomZoom (long time not seen) who told me that Albatros can be used for canoeing.

I had to try that, when we clashed with THREE flights of SPAD VII over the Argonne forrest today. Couldn't save one of my wingmen,

but I got down two of the "Storcks", before my engine was hit, and I was descending with too little engine power.

If you have ever flown over the Argonne forrest, you may know: it's veeeery large. No space for landings, where I was.

So I had to take the river.

ZoomZoom, canoeing only works with engine shot out of the craft, I suppose - my bird sank within seconds! Good I can swim...

Edited by Olham

A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR JASTA 21

In the finest July weather we flew east, from Bantheville to Spincourt, to defend our aerodrome there.

We found two flights of Nieuport 24 near the airfield lower, and engaged them. The whole business

took only minutes. Burning silver craft went down everywhere around me.

I shot up two, but both victories got stolen by Ritter von Schleich's 1. Kette (Emil Thuy, Karl Thom and

Rudolf Matthaei). But why bother - it was a fine quick fight on a beautiful day. (Well, not for the French)

Here are the first pictures of a new skin in progress (not yet ready - it is a hell of work to get the stripes all joining);

It is the Albatros D.III (OAW) of Oberleutnant Josef Loeser, Jasta 39, Italy. The stripes may have been red or black.

I made this after the file from Bob Pearson's "Aircraft Colours and Markings of the First World War area".

Some wonderful stories and shots you've posted lately Olham. Lovely wide pick of the Argonne there. And that is a fine skin in the last pics. I love the touch of not making the wheel stripes match.

If I saw that machine coming towards me I would think two things.

"Lovely work old boy", and "I need a haircut". :grin:

Indeed those are beautiful shots Olham. I love your custom paint job too. You certainly do have talent sir.

I don't usually post screenies but here's one of my 7 April 1917 Campaign. It's a Scramble Mission from the RNAS 8 home base. When I popped on radar to see how many income craft there were, I couldn't believe my eyes! As best as I could count, there are a minimum of 38 aircraft in the skies, including the 10 or so from my flight. It seems Jasta 3 had it out for us and sent a whole damn squadron to destroy our base. Fortunately for us, a flight of Nieuport 17s from ESC 79 were flying overhead and intercepted them, giving me and my boys a little time to get off the ground.

I replayed the mission and made a video (of course) which I am uploading to youtube now. It probably won't be posted until morning. It's a single camera shot (no cut scenes) from take-off to landing of the mission. Nearly 10 minutes in length!

I call this picture "A Busy Morning". This is what I saw when I looked up right after take off.

post-46046-022529500 1286678218.jpg

Edited by Hellshade