MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Jasta 37 clashed with No. 1 Sqdn RFC, and those S.E.5a "Viper" are real hellraisers!

Although they had been a little lower, they quickly dominated the fight. Their engines

are so powerful, and their aircraft so stable, that they were all over the place - up and

down and up and down - They made me dizzy!

I managed to shoot down two of them, but they also got at least two of us down.

When I had finished the second, I found myself alone, and so I flew back home.

Beware of the Hun from the Sun !

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet here, but I was really pleased with how this screenie turned out - something about the silvery Nieup and the Alsace winter backdrop, leaves all the colour focussed on my new 'bus'.

Hope you like.

post-63519-0-72991000-1310580604.jpg

Yes, that's a fine composition, TaillyHo.

The Albatros brings some colour into the life of that Nupe driver. Mmuahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

Indeed . . . but he doesn't get to 'enjoy' it for very long.

Mmuahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! :grin:

That's a sweet photo TaillyHo. It has a "surreal" feel to it and the depth with the shadows on the snow is incredible. :good: Is that a new pilot you're flying there?

Edited by Shiloh

Thank you, my firend. It was mid-afternoon, but I guess in January that means low sun and short days. This is over the Lines (you can just see a few tents of an entente army camp at the very bottom of the shot, below the Nieup), east of Corcieux - an area I'm sure you've flown over with Jasta 35, but perhaps not in winter (?).

And yes, a new pilot who's making a solid campaign start (4 missions so far). Look for his first 'report' on the other thread soon. :salute:

Great shot indeed! :good:

Those shadows look great and the play with color and "grayscale"...perfect combination! :ok:

Good luck on the new Career... :drinks:

Thanks Elephant, I'm chuffed to get positive feedback from people like you - and Olham and Shiloh - who know a whole lot more, and go to a lot more trouble than me on your pics. :drinks:

Lovely picture TaillyHo. The Albatros really does stand out, as everything else appears to be almost in greyscale. good.gif

I felt like doing some editing to pass the time today, so I fired up OFF and decided to shoot up an Albatros D.III, then had some fun with the picture I took. I think it turned out ok, but it wasn't a great picture to start with. unknw.gif

gallery_66678_643_1228072.png

Actually, looking at it now, I think I put in too much motion blur, but nevermind...

After spotting the twin gun Sopwith Tripe on a campaign mission, I just had to try one in a campaign. For some strange reason, because only 6 were ever put into combat I thought the Devs had included it purely as a QC fighter. Silly me. Anyways, I started a pilot in RNAS 10, late July 1917. While still retaining the quick turning capabilities of her single gun sister, the twin gun adds enough firepower to destroy nearly anything unfortunate enough to be in front of you for more than a few seconds. With it's incredible manueverability and twin guns, I felt like I was everywhere I needed to be doing the work of some unholy avenger!

Hellshade

RNAS 10 Patrol (7:02) 1080HD

Is the additional weight of the second machine gun considered?

I guess, the twin gun Tripe was less agile?

PS: here is an excerpt from Wikipedia:

"Another drawback of the Triplane was its light armament. While contemporary

Albatros fighters were armed with two guns, most Triplanes were armed with

a single synchronized Vickers machine gun. Efforts to fit twin guns to the

Triplane met with mixed results. Clayton & Shuttleworth built six experimental

Triplanes with twin guns. Some of these aircraft saw combat service with Nos. 1

and 10 Naval Squadrons in July 1917, but performance was reduced and the single

gun remained standard."

Yes, agility is slightly reduced, but at least how it is modeled in OFF:BH&H, it's an easy trade off to make.

Here's a short video of straffing the front lines in the twin gun version of the triplane.

Straffing Gound Units on the Front Lines (1:24) 1080

Hellshade

Lovely picture TaillyHo. The Albatros really does stand out, as everything else appears to be almost in greyscale. :good:

I felt like doing some editing to pass the time today, so I fired up OFF and decided to shoot up an Albatros D.III, then had some fun with the picture I took. I think it turned out ok, but it wasn't a great picture to start with. unknw.gif

Impressive edit :good:

gallery_66678_643_1228072.png

Actually, looking at it now, I think I put in too much motion blur, but nevermind...

A joyride in superb weather - and a fight, which ended with the forced landing of my opponent

at Chery-les-Pouilly airfield. Not just anywhere in the green - no, on a real airfield! That was fun!

Very nice! :good:

Also very nice and plausible scheme, for the era on that D.II. :ok:

Thanks, elephant! I like your "moving pictures" - ah, it's always good to see Albatros in action!

Just a nice little video of some really great air combat. The huns were definately doing their best to make life hard for us. Somewhere around about 1:30 into the video, the Huns start to concentrate a number of their planes over our airfield and things get pretty claustrophobic fast.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Great video Hellshade. good.gif Also, thank you elephant and jayo! And Olham - I noticed you said it ended with a forced landing - just wondering, but does that give you a claims form?

Below are two photos from two campaign reports that never happened - both because I died in the mission. The first is from my Bristol campaign (which started in the Reports from the Front topic), but the other is from a Camel campaign which never made it to the thread.

gallery_66678_643_534332.png

gallery_66678_643_1135834.png

Olham - I noticed you said it ended with a forced landing - just wondering, but does that give you a claims form?

I think it does, ulti - I'm not quite sure though, cause I most often shoot down more than one E/A,

but I mostly claim only one, to keep it more realistic. So I can hardly tell, if the forced landing counted.

But I think to remember cases, when it did.

I like the Brisfit picture for the special lighting and athmosphere. :good:

CFS32011-08-0410-29-41-18.jpg

CFS32011-08-0410-27-17-77.jpg

CFS32011-08-0410-30-40-08.jpg

CFS32011-08-0410-31-04-28.jpg

Some screens of a small battle today over an enemy airfield...The weather was filthy and we were jumped by a flight of EIII's....

I pretty quickly latched onto this one, and ordered the rest of my flight to go after the others, we were victorious, three EIII's destroyed, no losses to our side.

I think that I have my head around the posting of images now, so I will be able to put a few in my reports from the front, it's a bit of fun trying to frame that perfect screenshot in game, and one day I hope to achieve that...

Loving the little Nieuport.

Edited by smilingmonkey