Sign in to follow this  

Must have taken a few shots of the medicinal Jeremiah Weed.

Drunk typing is not encouraged!

I had thought that first, but looks like we got a story developing here...

The date is the shot down of Anderson´s U-2 over Cuba, isn´t it?

U.S. performs atmospheric nuclear test at Johnston Island or Day before Cuba missle crisis' ends?

Edited by wayne32

I think, but im not sure, he is showing what could have happened if the cuban missile crisis got out of hand. If you click on the time magazine link, it talks about a large amount sorties flown possibly represented by the aircraft in the 3rd picture. As for the lines going across the page, i cant zoom in i think they may be arrows of possible targets where the missiles would be aimed at, but eh im 16 what do i know :P just a guess

EDIT: Also, the odds shifted at another time, could refer to the fact that the odds all of a sudden turned against America when they found out that nukes where being stored on cuba. With the nukes all of a sudden so close to America, things started to get out of hand, and this is where the story begins.

Edited by scouserlad13

Okay. That sounds like something our resident strategic warfare nut would be interested in.

I think there are 9 arrows in the map picture, and there are 9 B-70s in the comic picture.

I think we're getting this comic, I mean graphic novel, in episodes.

Or there could be a new version of OTC in the works.

Or a B-70?

A B-70 does the FM allow for Mach 3 + ???

In out and one deep fried airbase later... or wake them early with a false dawn...

So, it's a robotic geriatric McArthur (he was well over 80 in 62 IIRC) battling it against a zombie Stalin (come on, he'd been dead for nearly a decade, and would have been in his 80s too).

Is it by the same guy who did Stalin vs. Hitler (http://www.comics.aha.ru/rus/stalin/1.html) ?

PACMAN> Nothing in the SF engine is limiting air speed, now to get the FM to work properly is another matter entirely, especially since a little trick of the XB-70 can't be used as nothing of the sort is supported by the engine AFAIK (riding his own shockwave to use compression lift), and that would limit the reproduction of the XB-70 performances as it would have more drag and less lift than with it (but you can probably account for it and "cheat" in the FM to reproduce it while not making the thing too efficient at lower speed).

Of course, the real FM experts will correct me on that. ^^

Edited by Gunrunner

Okay. That sounds like something our resident strategic warfare nut would be interested in.

Interested in? Heck man, he was there. Dave is LeMay reincarnated!

President Douglas Mac Arthur?????

and Stalin... you forgot Stalin, dead since 1953...

But fear not, Lenin in a secret mission deep inside the Himalayas will come back with Fu Manchu's giant battle robot (using Marx's brain) to repulse the imperialist bombers menacing the workers' paradise...

Edited by Gunrunner

Is it a pre-requisite to eat hallucinogens before reading this thread?

Just wonderin'...

:blink:

So, it's a robotic geriatric McArthur (he was well over 80 in 62 IIRC) battling it against a zombie Stalin (come on, he'd been dead for nearly a decade, and would have been in his 80s too).

Is it by the same guy who did Stalin vs. Hitler (http://www.comics.aha.ru/rus/stalin/1.html) ?

PACMAN> Nothing in the SF engine is limiting air speed, now to get the FM to work properly is another matter entirely, especially since a little trick of the XB-70 can't be used as nothing of the sort is supported by the engine AFAIK (riding his own shockwave to use compression lift), and that would limit the reproduction of the XB-70 performances as it would have more drag and less lift than with it (but you can probably account for it and "cheat" in the FM to reproduce it while not making the thing too efficient at lower speed).

Of course, the real FM experts will correct me on that. ^^

There is nothing in the flight model that prevents modeling the lift/drag characteristics of the XB-70.

Compression lift would simply be lumped in with the other co-efficients, no need for any specialized parameters.

The game doesn't model the airflow, just the end result.

I have complete NASA data for the end result that can be readily incorporated into the game's lift tables.

What keeps me from finishing my work on the XB-70A flight model is time: I work full time, have a wife, and a 2-year-old boy.

The only free time I get is after they go to sleep and I prefer to spend that time relaxing by browsing, posting on forums, and playing games.

If I were still single, I would have the flight model done and still be waiting for the 3d model to be finished.

Streakeagle, people dont seem to realize that FMs take time, and I not being able to do them, but know those that do, know this, and also, people have real lives and this is a hobby, not a reality.