Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Bear over Canada

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7915517.stm

"Canadian air force jets intercepted a Russian bomber approaching Canadian air space the day before President Barack Obama visited Ottawa, officials say.

Two fighter jets met the long-range Bear bomber over the Arctic last week, Defence Minister Peter MacKay said.

The Russian plane turned around after being signalled by the Canadian pilots, he said.

There has been an increasing number of similar Russian flights in the Arctic in recent years, Mr MacKay said. The Canadian jets "met a Russian aircraft that was approaching Canadian airspace. They sent very clear signals that the Russian aircraft was to turn around - turn tail - to its own airspace, which it did," Mr MacKay told reporters after meeting North American Aerospace Defense Command (Norad) officers in Ottawa."

My friend called me, and he was all upset because he though that it was a nuclear attack on Canada... I told him that it was just a bear, noting to really worry about. I'd really like to know how quickly the CF-18s picked it off, though.

lol, they gonne to bomb obama....

i love media, they're better than us Making Drama...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7915517.stm

"Canadian air force jets intercepted a Russian bomber approaching Canadian air space the day before President Barack Obama visited Ottawa, officials say.

Two fighter jets met the long-range Bear bomber over the Arctic last week, Defence Minister Peter MacKay said.

The Russian plane turned around after being signalled by the Canadian pilots, he said.

There has been an increasing number of similar Russian flights in the Arctic in recent years, Mr MacKay said. The Canadian jets "met a Russian aircraft that was approaching Canadian airspace. They sent very clear signals that the Russian aircraft was to turn around - turn tail - to its own airspace, which it did," Mr MacKay told reporters after meeting North American Aerospace Defense Command (Norad) officers in Ottawa."

My friend called me, and he was all upset because he though that it was a nuclear attack on Canada... I told him that it was just a bear, noting to really worry about. I'd really like to know how quickly the CF-18s picked it off, though.

LOL if they were gonna do anything, I am sure they would use ICBMs first, bombers are a last resort usually, or even they would use sub launched missiles. But thats just my opinion.

LOL if they were gonna do anything, I am sure they would use ICBMs first, bombers are a last resort usually, or even they would use sub launched missiles. But thats just my opinion.

If they can even get those ICBMs safely off the ground. Remember what Dave said about the liquid fuel?

If they can even get those ICBMs safely off the ground. Remember what Dave said about the liquid fuel?

they still ICMBs, if any method were safe , we probably wouldn't saw that number of US space aircafts exploding in last 40 years

what really is safe nowadays?

with the conclusions of the other aviation thread,i'll better buy an Iron Unbrella :rofl:

SLBMs would be fired first, shorter flight and reaction time.

However that whole MAD thing kinda prevents this from ever happening.

I highly doubt a state will ever use another nuclear weapon in anger. Even if attacked by a terrorist with a nuclear weapon, there would be no positive to responding to an attack like this with one.

what really is safe nowadays?

Ahh, Motorcycles?

I remember when sex was safe and motorcycles where dangerous.

:ph34r: CL

Ahh, Motorcycles?

I remember when sex was safe and motorcycles where dangerous.

charlielima, in a strange way you remind me of Bender from Futurama :biggrin:

well. all routine to me. Probably want to test North American response time and to know they're back again.

The Russians have been around our way too a few times in the past years. Putin ordered the bomber fleet to take up patrol flights again. Moscow is just trying to convince the western world that Russia still got teeth. Im not impressed...

Edited by thundercheif

LOL, the ruskies are back at their old tricks and BRAC can't seem to close bases down fast enough, does anyone else see the recipe for something bad brewing???

Nothing new with the russian behaviour. They make with others, what others make with them. Dont worry about that.

yep - still keeping us a little occupied. That particular route has become rather common of late.

Apparently they're trying to increase their presence over the north pole area, because of potential oil and the potential NorthWest Passage.

I don't see what the big deal is. What are they gonna do, reconaissance us into submission with their bears?

Apparently they're trying to increase their presence over the north pole area, because of potential oil and the potential NorthWest Passage.

I don't see what the big deal is. What are they gonna do, reconaissance us into submission with their bears?

Show some power,nothing more...

Russia just wants to show the world they are "back." Nothing more than sabre rattling.

So, I guess there isn't a big deal. It's big to us two specifically, and anyone else who's a kid or teen, becuase we didn't live in the Cold War, where this was a day by day experience...I think...

I can just hear in my mind Nixon(God love him)screaming "GOD DAMNIT! THIS MEANS WAR!"

I can just hear in my mind Nixon(God love him)screaming "GOD DAMNIT! THIS MEANS WAR!"

Peace with honor!

American planes sniffing along russian borders, why should not the russians do the same with north american airspace? If you like the one side of the medal, you must love the other one!

the world would be very b00ring if this interceptations didn't happen,IMO.

Just an observation, but I've noticed a lot of people here bagging the VVS and the Russian military in general, and fair enough, to each their own. BUT, if the Russians wanted to reach out and give someone a bloody nose, I think there'd a lot of you may be very surprised to see that they could actually do it. They may take a beating during or after any hypothetical strike, but it still could be done. I sincerely doubt it would happen any time soon, if ever. Just remember, there was a fervent belief that the Japanese posed little threat to the US before 1941 and their military was very much underestimated...

I am surprised what attention of the USA give to this absolutely insignificant incident. Russian news agencies practical have not paid attention.

Flights along border - ABSOLUTELY NORMAL and LAWFUL ACTION. I have a big archive of radar images of Norway, China, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Estonia, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Finland on range to 350km from the border, made during time tests our new airplanes.

If Tu-95MS he REALLY wished to attack would actuate the ECM, and it has power more than 1.5 MegaWatts. The Most part existing a radar are not capable to overcome such protection. Also Tu-95MS has Heat Jammers as at a Su-39 but much more high-power. New Kh-101,102 missiles have very small RCS and range more 2500km.

Flights along border - ABSOLUTELY NORMAL and LAWFUL ACTION. I have a big archive of radar images of Norway, China, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Estonia, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Finland on range to 350km from the border, made during time tests our new airplanes.

Too Bad, when your Blackjacks flew along my country's shore we couldn't even somebody to say hi.