Sign in to follow this  
Spectre_USA

When will it ever end?

Historically, the war ended 4 days after the ground war started, from 24 - 28 Feb 91.

I am currently flying a "normal" campaign on 27 Apr 91, coming up on 2 MONTHS later. I've seen no ground advances in weeks, and am running out of targets.

Just as a precaution, avoid the M122 photoflash bombs. Wanted to try `em out for giggles, and sent a wingie on a SCUD convoy. He got 2 of 12 off of his

Strike Eagle. The 2nd one detonated and took HIM out. :blink:

Anyway, what nodes need to be captured? I actually saw an Intruder flight go just south of Baghdad to take out a twin .50 gun, pickin's are gettin' slim!

I was curious as to if the campaign tracked objects that were destroyed.

My campaign ended June 16 1991. I was running out of targets and the only enemy left flying was the occasional An-12 Cub at that point.

June?

JUNE?

Holy crapamoly!

Somethings gotta be done with the armor aggressiveness.

Arrr, how would I do that?

June?

JUNE?

Holy crapamoly!

Somethings gotta be done with the armor aggressiveness.

Arrr, how would I do that?

lol :blink:

Spectre,

I've been doing a lot of tweaking to mission rates & supply rates, as well as the victory conditions. It's a little difficult and time consuming to test, when it basically requires you to play the campaign all the way though. Expect this to be improved in the upcoming patch.

For my information, can you post a screenshot of your campaign's planning map? If the ground forces have stopped advancing, it should be because they've reached the end of the strategic node "road map". This means they should have gone slightly north, then west, swallowing up Kuwait and parts of Southern Iraq. If this is not the case, but they're still not moving, please tell me some of the ground unit's individual supply settings. You can get this from the planning map.

They can't go any further because of how I set up the StrategicNode's. My original plan was to include two campaigns, the one you have, plus a much more fictional version that had much stronger Iraqi resistance, and a complete march to Baghdad. This second campaign will still come in the future.

The way it's currently set up, you need to capture Baghdad to get a "WIN", but you can't due to how I have the Nodes setup. The best you can do now is get a "STALL", which is primarily based on MaxMissions. A "STALL" is presented to you as a WIN, and the player wouldn't know the difference. I've been playing with the Kuwait City Node being the "WIN" condition, but sometimes the campaign is being won to quickly.

Like I said, please just give me a little time and it'll be much improved.

Thanks

Edited by JSF_Aggie

I was curious as to if the campaign tracked objects that were destroyed.

Yes. They are "repaired" based on a RepairRate variable given to each TargetType in the DS_Types.INI.

All the targets have the stock values for this, but I plan to look at each more closely and try and give better rates if needed.

Okay, guess I'm gonna start the campaign then....

JSF_Aggie,

Many thanks for the reply, as yours is a tough job, for sure. Getting the campaign right is just incredibly time consuming, I know.

Here is a grab of the map on May Day 1991;

post-310-1235843972_thumb.jpg

It has been like this for quite some time. The 1st Cav, to the west of Kuwait, have had reports of offensives into the Rumaylah South oilfields, but never

get an update to said offensive in the debrief.

As to campaigns being too quick, I dunno, IRL it only took 4 days from the kick-off of the ground war. Maybe have one with a high supply on the 24th for all

armored units as more of a "historical" version, and the above mentioned oilfields as the node to capture. There are still weeks of the air war before that,

so it isn't going to be anywhere near as quick as the `82 camapign in WoI, f'rinstance.

Just some thoughts from a campaign addict. I am surely enjoying this one, except for the dragging on factor...

Bit of an update, next mission is on 12 May `91, and in the last few missions the 2 armored battalions occupying Kuwait have been eliminated.

Everything South of Al Amara is under Coalition control. The DMZ line actually laps over into Iran.

The skies are utterly devoid of targets, even for the enemy. One sortie of a single HVA goes up, E-3, JStars or refueler, and has a loiter time in minutes.

Kind of creepy, the lack of action. 1 GBU, pop, go home. All AAA and SAM activity nullified. I bet there's some stuff up Tikrit way. Might have to do a recce...

Might be a good idea to go on an F7 frenzy when you get up to Tikrit.

During the course of the festivities, I have had a few taskings way up North.

It was a tiny bit surly, and I reckon I have a POW or two breaking rocks in the area.

I don't reckon there is much more than a few dual .50's up there still, but some targets are better than no targets. I was unable to get my daily flight in, maybe I'll

get lucky and get time for 2 tomorrow...