Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Dark Canopy question

Hello all,

Prior to posting this topic I did a search on all the three sub sections for SFP1 releases, general and mod and was unable to find anything regarding how to resolve the issue of the annoyingly dark canopy from the interior for the SU-39. I've tried replacing the canopy glass.tga file of the SU with those from other aircraft's (a method that usually works) I've even tried deleting the canoyglass.tga file, but to no avail. :dntknw: BTW I've also tried using the CanoyGlass.tga and ClrGlass.tga from various aircrafts and that proved futile as well. Any insights as to how to resolve this isse from the more experienced people out there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers !

See if there is an f86reflect*.tga in the cockpit folder. A lot of folks use that file to dim the canopy. The file can be safely deleted.

Otherwise it might be an issue similar to the A-6 in WOV after the first patch. The LOD file apparently has a transparency value for the canopy that dims it somewhat. This cannot be changed without having access to the source files for the LOD.

Edited by kirbykern

Thanks for the help Kirbykern. Unfortunately with the dark canopy it appears to be the latter, I noticed that it had the F4E_hudreflection.tga and tried to remove it and replace it with another one and no joy, same case by not having any reflection file present in the cockpit folder. Thank you very much for your help though.

I think Erwin knnnows about this, I informed him a while ago, also about the pit tga, when you look out it seems like dusk or fog.. Hope he will adress it on the next release.

They are reworking the pit now

I think Erwin knnnows about this, I informed him a while ago, also about the pit tga, when you look out it seems like dusk or fog.. Hope he will adress it on the next release.

They are reworking the pit now

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

I will send Erwin a message about the su-39, but I think I talked to him, few month ago about this issue... But damn nice bird!