Sign in to follow this  
DanW

Strike Fighters 2 patch is out

Copy that just finished down loading it! :good:

Can someone with an unpacker check if TK added price modifiers to planes and weapons? Cause now the plane prices are quite varied... And I don't remember paying for AIM-9Js at least four times as much as for Bs.

List of changes in this Update include:

Feb 2009

--------

* Mach indicator on F-4 cockpits not moving past M1.1 is fixed.

* Joystick settings is less likely to be lost even if the joystick

is unplugged.

* Screenshots are now saved in .JPG format.

* F-4C (67) cockpit air threat indicator always being ON is fixed.

* A-4B and C altimeter not working is fixed.

* Some of the new 3d models for weapons not showing up is fixed.

* Missing Sidewinder rails textures on A-4 is fixed.

* One of the F-4D/E (75)'s decoy dispensers not working is fixed.

* Create New Pilot pop-up dialog now displays correctly.

* F-4E (72) and (75)'s service entry dates have been corrected.

* "Desert Fury" campaign having wrong start dates for USN and

USMC squadrons have been fixed.

* Font sizes have been adjusted to fit better on different resolutions.

* Some of the campaign CTD have been fixed.

* Aircraft prices when playing Mercenary campaign have been adjusted

to better account for small differences in their ECM capabilities.

* Starting weapons supply has been increased for Mercenary campaigns.

* The game no longer searchs for decals outside Decals folder, all

decals must now be placed under Objects\Decals folder.

* A-4 and F-100 drop tanks have been added to the external models

so they use individual texture set.

Spinners says "Sweet!"

Looks like fresh downloads are already patched.

That thing about all decals being in the decals folder is a pain if you're importing WOX/SFP1 aircraft... You need to change the decal names to stop them all overwriting each other, and then edit the ini accordingly. Grrrr...

Edited by ndicki

HUDs of third-party or ported aircraft are now a delightful shade of green.

Items placed in the "effects" folder now show up in game.

Many thanks to TK!

Now if I can just get a way to get some R-73s and R-27s in the game so that the Flanker can have some teeth...

In the Objects folder ( in your game mod directory) you can make a new folder, called " Pilots" . All add-on Pilots and Seat files can be moved into it.

screenshots in JPG format - now thats a good idea! :victory:

While its a good idea for most people, it kind of irks me. I like to use png when I want to show a lot of detail and going straight to jpeg means losing a lot of that. BMP was better in that it gave us a choice, and I don't see what was so hard about converting to jpeg.

That thing about all decals being in the decals folder is a pain if you're importing WOX/SFP1 aircraft... You need to change the decal names to stop them all overwriting each other, and then edit the ini accordingly. Grrrr...

You can keep the aircraft folder structure within the Decals Folder

e.g.

Decals\F-16A\HillGrey\D

So after making the 2 new folders ( HillGrey folder inside F-16A folder in the Decals Folder) you move the D ( decals ) folder into the Hillgrey folder - no need to change names of decals.

And creating a couple of new folders beats renaming the 100 decals or so of some add-on planes .. + reduces clutter in the Decals folder .. and no editing of any decals.ini files.

Was "Use advanced shaders=0" line in options ini before? Also fps counter started showing more things like maximum, minimum and delta.

While its a good idea for most people, it kind of irks me. I like to use png when I want to show a lot of detail and going straight to jpeg means losing a lot of that. BMP was better in that it gave us a choice, and I don't see what was so hard about converting to jpeg.
Some people are not that able when it comes to converting and some are not able to use the free programs that convert bmp to jpeg. when i first got the GIMP program it did not come with any instructions so i had to trial and error, i still don't know how to use the entire program so a lot of people do not have the patience to deal with it so to me screen shots in jpeg format is great.

Not to mention, that SF2 screenies go into My Documents folder, so placed by default would eat lots of space on system drive in BMP format.

hrm, the decal thing makes for a pain transfering over aircraft. I'm still really hesitant to go to SF2 and spend hours doing just that little folder work (hundreds of aircraft)

And can we easily port over weapons? thog mentioned trouble getting new russian missiles?

Same for campaigns, does the unicode difference affect being able to have all the addon campaigns. I know the jump is gonna have to be made eventually, but I want to be able to use everything (weapons, terrain, campaigns, effects, things like widesky and environment mods) in the new code base without losing anything in the transfer.

waiting on the tools to bring weaps over

waiting on the tools to bring weaps over

So basically it's still impossible to add weapons packs then, eh? I haven't tried anything yet cos I'm still defragging my drive after installing the upgrade about 2 hrs ago.

Some people are not that able when it comes to converting and some are not able to use the free programs that convert bmp to jpeg. when i first got the GIMP program it did not come with any instructions so i had to trial and error, i still don't know how to use the entire program so a lot of people do not have the patience to deal with it so to me screen shots in jpeg format is great.

If you have Windows XP or Vista you don't need a 3rd party program for converting files. Open it in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (opens here by default) and click save, change file type to JPEG, you may need to rename it I don't recall exactly, and hit Save . Its really simple.

I did not even know that could be done. and there are more non-software savy folks here like me that need to have things as simplfied as possible.

In the Objects folder ( in your game mod directory) you can make a new folder, called " Pilots" . All add-on Pilots and Seat files can be moved into it.

I like that! Having Pilots and Seats in the Aircraft folder always seemed very untidy to me.

I noticed this at one stage when taking off and I'm just wondering, have I found a new 'bug'?

post-29988-1235927762_thumb.jpg

post-29988-1235927796_thumb.jpg