Sign in to follow this  
subarug

Anyone want to start a complete Area 88 mod again?

This is prob old...but a few years ago when the Burning Sands came out, I was looking very hard to try and find a group of people to work on Area 88 mod. It didn't get very far at the time and was dropped I think. I don't have any modeling skills but what I do have is prob one of the largest libraries of Area 88 Info to help and contribute with including, Original OVA, Modern TV Series, Area 88 Cyber Trance Soundtrack, Sound Files 1, OVA Soundtrack, and issue 1-37 of the orig Eclipse comic books.

I envisioned a combination of the OVA and new series, using the best bits of both worlds. Utilizing the soundtrack for breifing scenes, dogfights, well you can see where I am going with this. I can hand draw some things as well if needed. I did a cover that was never used, I will post it.

Anyway, if anyone would like to start something up like this again, get in touch with me ASAP and we will make it happen. I this engine is PERFECTLY suited for an Area 88 conversion. Lets do it!

DSCN0332.jpg

If I was any good at decent modding I would help but I am still learning

Back in 05, there was at a MINIMUM a F-8 Area 88 skin, F-20, MiG-29, Drakken, and Tomcat, so I know the resources are out there, its just a matter of rounding everyone up. Like I said I can provide all reference material, soundtracks, I even can whip up storyboards.

I had some good ideas for Campaigns.... One would be Area 88 "Classic" Art, Music, and story line derived from the OVA and or even better, the Manga.

Then we could have Area 88 "Modern" Artwork from the new series as well as music, and the different aircraft usage and storyline.

I could further flesh out some ideas I had about the individual campaigns and how they could work but, I don't want to go into anymore detail if im just talking to myself lol.

Rest assured it could be quite exciting!

Back in 05, there was at a MINIMUM a F-8 Area 88 skin, F-20, MiG-29, Drakken, and Tomcat, so I know the resources are out there, its just a matter of rounding everyone up. Like I said I can provide all reference material, soundtracks, I even can whip up storyboards.

I had some good ideas for Campaigns.... One would be Area 88 "Classic" Art, Music, and story line derived from the OVA and or even better, the Manga.

Then we could have Area 88 "Modern" Artwork from the new series as well as music, and the different aircraft usage and storyline.

I could further flesh out some ideas I had about the individual campaigns and how they could work but, I don't want to go into anymore detail if im just talking to myself lol.

Rest assured it could be quite exciting!

Hi can do Campaing ini´s base screens is there a terrains for this mod tel me whats in your mind terrain aircraft ect.

i will glad to help in this project i will need for background on this Manga

cocas

Fantastic, we may be able to do ok with what is already in exsitence. I will PM you my email ( Id post it but im not sure that is allowed?) so We can communicate in greater detail.

Any of the desert terrain (Israel or Iran is perfect) would suffice. Fictional State is Asran which is located in the middle east. Time period for the "classic" series would be 79-82, for the "Modern" it would be closer to 84-87 or so.

So Cocas would you like to start a little project with me?

Post here is so, and I will PM you.

Im having to wait until terrain is done with the Iberian Mod, so i guess you can count me in for

this for anything i can be of help.

Um...I'll try to remember to pack up and release that F-5E skin I did forever ago. Luckily I still have the PSD, but I'll have to sort out who's model that went with.

gallery_10543_38_58255.jpg

Um...I'll try to remember to pack up and release that F-5E skin I did forever ago. Luckily I still have the PSD, but I'll have to sort out who's model that went with.

gallery_10543_38_58255.jpg

I have somewhere an unfinished F-20, I bet his designer won't object to ahve ti completed.. I like the Area88 thing, should be realtively easy

Brilliant! Here we go. Lets get rolling.

So we have

Cocas on Campaign .Ini's

Grinch on skins

macelena on models?

Let me start fleshing out some of the campaign ideas,missions, game flow chart, I already have the music sorted and available as well as all the artwork.

This is a quick, incomplete break down of some of the aircraft that should be involved...(Maybe some errors)

Area 88 Classic 79-84

Kingdom of Asran Mercenary Air Force

A-1 Skyraider (Manga)

A-4E Skyhawk (Greg)

A-10 Thunderbolt II (Greg)

F-4J/E Phantom II (Bugsy)

F-5E Tiger II (Shin)

F-8E Crusader (Shin) (Boris)

F-14 Tomcat (no RIO) (Micky)

F-15 Eagle (Shin) (Manga)

F-16A Fighting Falcon

F/A-18A Hornet

F-20 Tigershark (Shin)

F-100D Super Saber (Micky)

F-104 Starfighter (Manga)

F-105D Thunderchief (Von Com)

T-6 Texan (Morris) (Manga)

BAC Lightning F.6 (Escape Killers)

IAI Kfir C2 (Saki)

J-35F Draken (Shin) (Manga)

Anti-Government Forces

MiG-17 Fresco

MiG-21 Fishbed

MiG-23 Flogger

MiG-27D Flogger

Sea Harrier FRS Mk.1

Also would have standard period accurate anti-air and anti-personnel/vehicle defenses of Soviet manufacture

Area 88 Modern 82-88 ('ish)

Kingdom of Asran Mercenary Air Force

A-4E Skyhawk (Greg)

F-4J/E Phantom II

F-5E Tiger II (Shin)

F-8E Crusader (Shin) (Boris)

F-14 Tomcat (no RIO) (Micky)

F-20 Tigershark (Shin)

J-35F Draken

AV-8A Harrier II (Kim)

Mirage F-1 (Katori)

Buccaneer (Roundell)

Anti-Government Forces

MiG-17 Fresco

MiG-21 Fishbed

MiG-23 Flogger

Tu-95 Bear

Also would have standard period accurate anti-air and anti-personnel/vehicle defenses of Soviet manufacture

wish I could model and/or program. At this point all I can assist with is Direction, artwork, music, and data. But I would like to be very much a part of the project.

I have multiple Ideas for the campaign modes...

In either Classic or Modern, the storyline would roughly follow that of their respective version with the exclusion of some things that wouldnt fit in the sim. A monetary system would be developed and associated with everything. Destroying enemy targets gains money, just taking your plane in the air spends money. Crash your plane, you gotta buy another!

A "Free play" mode would also be included where as the player can play instant action style missions. In Free play, not all aircraft would be available. Gives a reason to play the campaign mode.

Loadout/Weapon purchase screen will have the player purchasing equipment from McCoy himself.

Ive got more stuff to come, im just spouting out whats in my head at the moment.

Anyone who wants to work on the project can email me at subarug@msn.com and I can co ordinate everyone from there.

Edited by subarug

Grinch on skins

Well I never really agreed to that...just said I'd get that old skin I made out...

To be honest I have my own SF projects, 3 of them actually.

However, if you can provide good references I can do some repaints of existing aircraft.

Which brings me to another point. I suggest you stick with whatever is pre-existing in terms of aircraft, ground objects, terrains, etc. Just one aircraft or tank or terrain or whatever is a whole project in itself. If you ever want this to see the light of day I think you should approach it that way.

LOL! Didnt mean that the way it seemed Grinch.

I agree.

Using whatever is already out there is the best way to go. When I tried the first time, the terrain was the biggest issue as it just didnt seem right flying over green hills all the time.

Luckily, I think for most the aircraft, its already out there with the exception of a few, so hopefully, that makes hitting the ground running a bit easier.

I hope I did not offend! I did not mean to make it sound like you had a new job ;)

I have any and all reference you would need.

Repaints i think are mostly whats in order.

Blackburn Bucc doesnt exist yet, so thats not an issue, and Im pretty sure everything else has been released already in some form.

Certain repaints wont even be needed.

Good luck guys i'm a fan of the series.

I suppose this is for SFP1. I have SF2 but I guess it will work as well after some tinkering.

http://www18.tok2.com/home/fuyake/A88DL.html

Found this....

I don't know too much Japanese

Area88 skins full

And a Updated F-4EJ kai.

Judas Priest!

A gold mine!

That is a great find and im sure would help get a kick start on this!

So right there...

The Crusader, Tiger II, Draken, A-10, Tomcat, Thud, Kfir (although on a dagger model) and MiG-23 (for Modern series) are done.

Tonight I started a screen shot library for reference in helping for skin development. I can zip it and send it wherever it needs to go

Edited by subarug

Fantastic, we may be able to do ok with what is already in exsitence. I will PM you my email ( Id post it but im not sure that is allowed?) so We can communicate in greater detail.

Any of the desert terrain (Israel or Iran is perfect) would suffice. Fictional State is Asran which is located in the middle east. Time period for the "classic" series would be 79-82, for the "Modern" it would be closer to 84-87 or so.

So Cocas would you like to start a little project with me?

Post here is so, and I will PM you.

Yes let´s do it :good:

terrain i only found for download is Gepard Israel 2 iran i only found the iran iraq full mod

are going whit the Israel terrain?

there is also Libya and DesertPlus may Desert Target zone?

Great so I believe we have

Cocas and

Maclena for certain (correct me if im wrong mac, I dont want to nominate anyone arbitraily)

As far as terriain we need desert, long big sand dunes, mountains.

Mountains wouldnt be high enough to have snow caps though, shouldnt be to brown either

Some sparse greenage could be at the edges of the map for long distance missions to give a little variety, but mostly sand dunes..

In FACT if there would be someway to change colouring of inclement fog to make it look like a sand storm, that would be incredible.

Great so I believe we have

Cocas and

Maclena for certain (correct me if im wrong mac, I dont want to nominate anyone arbitraily)

As far as terriain we need desert, long big sand dunes, mountains.

Mountains wouldnt be high enough to have snow caps though, shouldnt be to brown either

Some sparse greenage could be at the edges of the map for long distance missions to give a little variety, but mostly sand dunes..

In FACT if there would be someway to change colouring of inclement fog to make it look like a sand storm, that would be incredible.

for colours we can a diferent tileset the are many here on combatace Israel 2 has some mountains and its big i have flown hover it many times

this some thing i did whit the F-100D

dont if can be used

Edited by cocas

for colours we can a diferent tileset the are many here on combatace Israel 2 has some mountains and its big i have flown hover it many times

this some thing i did whit the F-100D

dont if can be used

That looks good. Anything that looks like Libya or Iran, nice and sand dune like.

Your screenshot gave me an idea. Is that airstrip unpaved?

In Area 88 the Asran Air Force operates all the military installations, but I was thinking, most of the Ant-Government Forces (Opposition forces) should operate from makeshift unpaved strips.

Not neccessary but would be cool

Edited by subarug

That looks good. Anything that looks like Libya or Iran, nice and sand dune like.

Your screenshot gave me an idea. Is that airstrip unpaved?

In Area 88 the Asran Air Force operates all the military installations, but I was thinking, most of the Ant-Government Forces (Opposition forces) should operate from makeshift unpaved strips.

Not neccessary but would be cool

there are unpave airstrips in SFP1 desert map it a matter of find who´s who meaning wat strip type is unpaved

whit the libya we can ad carrier unit there is also an etiopia(sorry portugues name)eriteria map here in the terrain seccion socal is desert to. :dntknw:

Libya would be good. Having an ocean would be helpful. Plus when Invincible charlie was chasing Shin it was the seagulls that took out mr. Invincible! heheheh