Sign in to follow this  
subarug

Anyone want to start a complete Area 88 mod again?

Aircraft

All aircraft except the F-20 and Buccaneer are available. (as much as id like to have the Bucc, I dont see that happening.

The F-5,F-8,F-14,F-16, and Draken, have already been skinned with Area 88 Livery.

All the others however, need to be skinned. Sigh. Need to find a skinner with some free time.

Classic will have significantly more planes than the Modern version. That was the main difference between the two series anyway.

Ok. I have done enough research tonight.

give me some more info on Buccaneer to see if can find a placeholder for it,

its a bomber right?

sorry not to familiar it uk aircraft

made secessefull change in campaing data ini to sereval mercenary squadrons :minigun:

Edited by cocas

The desert terrain is actually almost an exact copy of Aslan from the manga. Southern part the mediterranean sea. The Area 88 base itself is quite close to the sea. In fact if you poke around in the mission editor (le missioneur) there's a coastal city explicitly named Aslan (captial city of the country Aslan in the manga. Methinks TK's a fan.)

done this today and worked on tank base

problem litle sunk in the ground its a AC-130U the stock c-130 got half sunk in the ground

tank base ading AAA and SAM today

send pics later

Looking great! Heh I like the guard tower.

As far as in game music, im thinking BackTrax http://www.simwarrior.com/sfp1/BackTrax.html (which I used to use in SFP1) is prob the easiest way. But there is still a problem, normally you launch Backtrax before your sim and it starts playing whatever is in its directory. This would play over the menu music.

I wonder if there is a way to access the program in flight (besides minimizing and pressing play, which I guess would always work) and being able to pause or stop it as the mission is near its end so starting with the debreifing screen you are back to whatever music is set to play for hangar and load outs etc

Download link at bottom of page still works.

Edited by subarug

This doesn't have to do with the mod but with Area 88 at least

Look what Kaoru cooked up! ZOMG! http://www.area88.jp/info/zippo.html

I emailed him too...

and this is great for model reference!

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPAN-ANIME-AREA-88-AI...222142002r37866

Think i died and went to Otaku heaven

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...DN%26start%3D10

Edited by subarug

Maybe an F-111 or an F-105F would be a good replacement for the Bucc, don't know the exact counterpart of it though.

Oh, and if I'm not mistaken the Mirage F1 pilot name is Kitori Palvanaff :biggrin:

here are the pic tank base 1 50% finnish

hopr you like it

As far as in game music, im thinking BackTrax http://www.simwarrior.com/sfp1/BackTrax.html (which I used to use in SFP1) is prob the easiest way. But there is still a problem, normally you launch Backtrax before your sim and it starts playing whatever is in its directory. This would play over the menu music.

Personally I do it Iron eagle style, 8-track player (or iPod) on my knee.

Some aircraft put it in the windloop.wav file for the aircaft (you can choose which one in the data .ini file)

And I'm amazed that the progress you're making on the terrain, is this using the new terrain editor I've heard about?

Oh, speaking of background music, I picked up the OST for the first and second OAVs, including the battles, great music to fly to. I'll see about converting it to WAV for the sim over the weekend.

Personally I do it Iron eagle style, 8-track player (or iPod) on my knee.

Some aircraft put it in the windloop.wav file for the aircaft (you can choose which one in the data .ini file)

And I'm amazed that the progress you're making on the terrain, is this using the new terrain editor I've heard about?

Oh, speaking of background music, I picked up the OST for the first and second OAVs, including the battles, great music to fly to. I'll see about converting it to WAV for the sim over the weekend.

no i just use the notepad and KMD to see if the dots show up ware i want then to then fly over them.

and the harbors and fleet made some weeks a go just do in the tank base now may be something more today.

:sad: also sadly im curently unemploy so i have time to do this.

for music i run mediaplayer 9 on the tray and multymedia keybord to manege the music.

has for the bucc maybe a A-6 modded to carry a gunpod in the centerstation?

Edited by cocas

no i just use the notepad and KMD to see if the dots show up ware i want then to then fly over them.

and the harbors and fleet made some weeks a go just do in the tank base now may be something more today.

:sad: also sadly im curently unemploy so i have time to do this.

for music i run mediaplayer 9 on the tray and multymedia keybord to manege the music.

has for the bucc maybe a A-6 modded to carry a gunpod in the centerstation?

:sad: also sadly im curently unemploy

but glad that i have time to do this. :biggrin:

Cocas, that base is looking great, I just want to drop a ton of bombs all over it! Keep it up!

I have all the pilot photos for classic mode, just need to drop the resolution on them a bit.

Ill finish up the Modern pilot photos this weekend.

As far as a Bucc replacement....its kind of tough. Needs to be subsonic, good low level flying skills, no real air to air capability, there inst a whole lot the was similar to the Banana, at least not in my book. Man....I love that plane. Anyway, not a huge deal, it only appeard in the 2004 series in one episode albeit the best episode in my opinion.

For the music we will package BackTrax. I think this is best for a few reasons. One, it doesnt install anything on the system level, which is always nice, keeps things clean. Two it almost has NO memory footprint, as opposed to WMP which does ALL KINDS of things in the background like the dishes and your dirty laundry. You never know what it is doing.

I figure in the read me we will just provide instructions on minimizing the sim during flight and activating the player. We will include zip files of music.

Speaking of music, Crimson can you email me the track names for your OVA soundtrack? I may have them already, don't want you to do any unneeded work.

Ok I am off to work,

Cheers

Minimizing the game is simple i just alt-tab

tank base area 1 finish

add this

now i have tank base templet to use in outer areas whit mods of course

on to next. :biggrin:

Superb! Yes yes yes! Taking shape!

Just to clarify, if the going to be for WOE, SFG, SF:P1 or the new strike fighters 2,

If its anything other than Strike Fighters 2 and WOI then I can help with the Menus.

as for the music I was thinking

mainscreen.wav -How far to paradise(OST I&II)

hangarradio1.wav -mission 6(OST I&II)

debriefkilled.wav -So Long My Love (OST3)

debreiffail.wav -mission 9(OST I&II)

DebriefSuccess.wav -Sad destiny(OST I&II)

SingleMissionScreen.wav -Sand of illusion (OST3)

RecordScreen.wav -From Yesterday...Tomorrow (OST3)

OptionsScreen.wav -Long ago and so far away(OST I&II)

BaseScreen.wav -Area 88 ones old home (OST3)

CampaignScreen.wav -mission 10(OST I&II)

CreditsScreen.wav -How far to paradise 2(OST I&II)

This is taken from the Ost's for all 3 ova's. the ost for the first two was pretty difficult to find

post-24797-1236370810_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrimsonRoamer

I think we are using the terrain from SFP1 (Correct me if im wrong Cocas) So lets work with that.

So you have a "greatest hits" so to speak?

I actually have the 3rd OVA sound track I believe. ill post the tracks tonight EDIt: Im not sure which version it is but it has some diff tracks an dthe printing looks a bit older. It has one called Trigger of Sorrow which is AWESOME. of course Sand of Illusion is one of my favs

Anyway you can email me those tracks so I can listen to them and see how they go with the Various screens?

Ill send you some of the ones I have as well.

Let me get to you the screenshots for the various menus too.

We can throw all the "action" music into one folder for Back Trax usage

Edited by subarug

SFP 1 desert terrain

good to see that things are going still a static model of A C-130 (lod and bmp to put in the desert terrain folder) a helo wood be nice to :biggrin:

unbled to pics dont now why :dntknw:

try again tomorow

Cocas

Edited by cocas

I found a UH-01 in the downloads section...that should work. There were two actually.

I found a UH-01 in the downloads section...that should work. There were two actually.

the problem in using them or the c-130 lod is that they sink in about 30% i think that the lod of parked aircraft is diferent if i had 3D software open the parked plane lod i figure out how made don have one thas why im talking about nedeing a model maker.

im mailin you some pics for you to see. check your mail box on msn

asked for help static aircraft on the portuguese forum waiting for reply

Edited by cocas

This is where my inexperience in modding shows through. I can Mod my 74 Celica or my Enfield, Nagant, or Mauser, but this stuff is all greek to me.

So far, those bases look EXCELLENT. All those C-130 lined up look great, things are really starting to take shape.

Ok, so Lets Focus on "Classic" Version first. I think we have the most resources for that. If it goes well and we releases it, then we can work on "Modern"

Im going to email Crimson some screenies for menus.

Lets push forward!

mainscreen.wav -How far to paradise(OST I&II)-------------PERFECT

hangarradio1.wav -mission 6(OST I&II)--------Need to hear

debriefkilled.wav -So Long My Love (OST3)---------------Possibly Asphalt Wilderness (Can be split into two versions one for debrief killed and one for debrief failed)

debreiffail.wav -mission 9(OST I&II)-------Need to hear

DebriefSuccess.wav -Sad destiny(OST I&II)---------------Possibly People Near to the Sun

SingleMissionScreen.wav -Sand of illusion (OST3)--------------PERFECT

RecordScreen.wav -From Yesterday...Tomorrow (OST3)------------PERFECT

OptionsScreen.wav -Long ago and so far away(OST I&II)-------PERFECT

BaseScreen.wav -Area 88 ones old home (OST3)--------PERFECT

CampaignScreen.wav -mission 10(OST I&II)----------Need to hear

CreditsScreen.wav -How far to paradise 2(OST I&II)-----------Possibly Dog Fight Blues

Crimson, PM me your email and ill shoot you some of this music and you can see what you think

Edited by subarug

Meh....its 35mb in size....dunno how to mail it to you. I fail

Asran city is right on the coast (OVA 3 Saki,Shin and Micky go visit), Area 88 is a but further out in the desert but still not terribly far from water

Edited by subarug

Meh....its 35mb in size....dunno how to mail it to you. I fail

Asran city is right on the coast (OVA 3 Saki,Shin and Micky go visit), Area 88 is a but further out in the desert but still not terribly far from water

about mails dont worry i have 7G in free in gmail email box to me you mail any tihng :grin:

im look in to map in kmd then i will mod one of stock Airfiled to do area 88 making changes to make it cooler

talk to you later.

Edited by cocas

hi I have been tryng all day to turn the stock C-130 in to a ground object by moding is data.ini c-130.ini result many CTDs but i also found in Capun´s site the stuff we need a all ready made static C-130 and static UH-1D problem need A-team to allow it use in this Mod here the site adress

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

got the outpost done

start Area 88 airfield tomorow

also work on this