Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Mirage Factory A-7K Corsair II

In 1979, LTV received a contract to convert an A-7D to two-seat TA-7D configuration. The TA-7D was a two seat advanced trainer with dual tandem seating, both crewmen being housed underneath a single canopy, the seat in the rear being raised so that the aircraft had a distinct humpbacked appearance. It was given a longer front and rear fuselage. The two-seater had full operational capability and could carry the same weapons that the single-seater could. The aircraft was later redesignated A-7K.

In addition to the prototype, Vought built 30 new A-7K two seaters. Unlike the Navy's TA-7Cs, the USAF's A-7Ks were new builds and were not conversions of earlier single-seaters. Delivery to ANG units began in 1981, and production of the A-7K ended in September of 1984

Fantastic as always!

Thank,s TMF

:clapping:

AWESOME

Fantastic! A great package. Well done!

Great work, TMF! Just got back from a strike with this bird that included some air-to-air splashes with the SLUF. Quite a fiesty one in close, I've noticed.

Just downloaded...amazing work...as always! :clapping::ok:

Will there be any templates or other skins?! So we could represent other TA-7`s

Probably I butchered the templates up pretty good when I did the nose, so it may be a few days to sort them out.

I tried to use the other skins from the other A-7 ( I know the mesh is different) so was the mapping.. but hey it was a try and it worked good, but not for the nose section ;-)

IMHO this is the most beautiful aircraft I've ever flown!

I'd like to express my gratitude to the creators of this marvelous aircraft! Thanks for making my dream of flying this thing come true!

IMHO this is the most beautiful aircraft I've ever flown!

I'd like to express my gratitude to the creators of this marvelous aircraft! Thanks for making my dream of flying this thing come true!

Thanks! Our pleasure!!! :good:

What a real beauty this is. My only perplexity lays in the choice you made to set some parts, black parts, to be flat.

Flat black paint in the real world is not enough to have a real flat, light absorbing surface (such as I can see from the pictures of this A-7K I took in game), let alone on parts of an airplane constantly brushed by air and weathering agents throughout its operational life. Complete flat black is just not realistic. Honestly it ruins an otherwise perfect creation.

The same issue is somewhat common on other otherwise excellent birds, I believe. Like, for example, on the exhaust terminals of M.F.'s F\A-18A, and the black nose radome of the A-6 from Third Wire. I think all these and other planes as well would look better if they didn't have such parts set to flat in their respective 3d models.

Same goes for many add-on weapons and fuel tanks.