I noticed than more often than not, when moving cockpits meant for an airplane into another one, what happens is that the fuel indications start acting weird.

Often using pts form similar aircrafts is required when there is no decent or any more appropriate pit available.

For example using Marcfighters' Su-27 pit in mig-29 I observed this behaviour. The needle in the fuel gauge acts like a flow meter, with throtte opening, but show fuels consuption winding contrary, until it reaches the number4 in the gauge, and then after a certain time engine shuts off.

Since I like knowing how much fuel I have or is left, I am interested in understanding how fuel indicators are modeled and if there is any way to adapt them when moving a certain cockpit to another airplane

Here's a couple of documents Florian sent me that helped me with building my cockpit:

cockpit_movement_detail.txt

GaugeList.txt

Use this in combination with several cockpit.ini files and you will start figuring out how it works.

Example:

[internalFuelGauge]

Type=INETERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATOR <---- Note TK spelled it wrong...so that's how you have to spell it.

NodeName=needle_int_fuel <---- What you want to move

MovementType=ROTATION_Y

ValueUnit=LB

Set[01].Position=-160.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=150.0

Set[02].Value=9000.0

Pretty self explanatory. Other types may require a bit more work.

Pretty much, you need to fiddle.

FC

I hope i remember correct...

The fuel values in the aircrafts Data.ini file are in kilograms. Count them together and convert them to pounds like in FC´s example.

Replace the value of "Set[02]" with the correct value of the aircraft you have shifted the cockpit to.

I hope i remember correct...

The fuel values in the aircrafts Data.ini file are in kilograms. Count them together and convert them to pounds like in FC´s example.

Replace the value of "Set[02]" with the correct value of the aircraft you have shifted the cockpit to.

So it MUST be in Pounds in the cockpit ini and in Kilograms in the Data.ini?

I will work on it, thanks for the info

(on a funny note, about TK's spelling mistake..INETERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATOR .. don't we all wish the fuel was in ETERNAL?) :biggrin: :biggrin: