Sign in to follow this  
pablo10692

Steam

Wouldn't be a bad idea to sell Jet Thunder through Steam? As Steam has a lot of advantages to sell all kind of games online. Giants distributors as Ubisoft, EA Games, are selling their games using Steam.

Pablo, teu tópico antigo sobre o stem foi deletado?

Eu acho que foi cara, eu achei até que tinha me enganado e não postado ou postado no Orkut. Isso infrige alguma regra do CA?

Eu nem cheguei a ver as respostas do outro.

Não, inclusive apagaram meu tópico sobre o Free Falcon 5....

putz, vo te contar...eu acho que esses moderadores deveriam ler a porra do topico antes de apagar ele.

Yes, Steam is strongly considered as option. I don't know how much % of each sale goes do Valve, but anyway, it is probably worth because it attracts a lot of 'visibility' to the product. I bought a couple of games through Steam (Dangerous Waters for example) and I'm satisfied with the system so far.

To quote TK of Thirdwire http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6013

As for using Impulse (or any other online distributors), I don't see much benefit in paying them to use their online store when we have our own online store working well here. I don't have the numbers for the Impulse specificly, but most online distributors we've looked into take 50-80% cut (I'd say 65% is typical, leaving 35% for us). So unless they can reach customers we normally wouldn't get (35% is better than no sales), we'd rather keep our games here on our online stores.
btw, those numbers are for online distributors, retail publishers/distributors (like EA you mention) usually take even bigger cut, but I think thats more justified since we can not put games on retail stores without them - publishers put up the needed cash up-front and take the risks to get the game into retail stores. So again, they're reaching to the customers that we can't noramlly get to on our own.

Would really want to know what the others above me were saying.

If only there was something like a general and common board language! :happy:

Pra mim eles não deletavam tópicos! Só fechavam eles.

Não, inclusive apagaram meu tópico sobre o Free Falcon 5....

putz, vo te contar...eu acho que esses moderadores deveriam ler a porra do topico antes de apagar ele.

Good to know! I love the Steam system, as I can have all my games bought online in a single account. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yes, Steam is strongly considered as option. I don't know how much % of each sale goes do Valve, but anyway, it is probably worth because it attracts a lot of 'visibility' to the product. I bought a couple of games through Steam (Dangerous Waters for example) and I'm satisfied with the system so far.

Yes, but I was asking about Jet Thunder, not about TW games.

We were talkin' about my last topic, with the same question as this one, that was deleted.

Would really want to know what the others above me were saying.

If only there was something like a general and common board language! happy.gif

publishers put up the needed cash up-front

This is all that Jet Thunder needs to be complete, and all invested in programming - art was ready and it was done naturally. Now, programming is the real headache. Problem is that publishers we have talked, didn't offered cash upfront :\