So my yap 2 disk came in the mail today and after playing the first mission and then flying around doing a little site seeing ( unauthorized armed recon :biggrin: ) I have to say I am very impressed. this is a big step

beyond the original yap, which in itself was quite good. The terrain is just awesome, the jungle and water effects really step up the realism factor tenfold. also there are some great new effects one being a killer

super thick oily black smoke effect, very cool!!! The only glitch I've seen so far is the yap theme music on the loading screen, it stops and then has a bit of a seizure, besides that little annoyance yap2 kicks A**. The missions look to be the same as the original but with some added objects to spice it up a bit. I would like to see some new missions as I already have the yap1 series of missions, but beyond that

I've got no complaints. -highly recommended in my book. Any body else get this yet?

yes and i must say it is worth every cent , this is just excellent work :ok:

well done YAP :clapping:

Volker, hast du YAP 2 schon?

wie lang hat es gedauert bis die disc da war?

Volker, hast du YAP 2 schon?

wie lang hat es gedauert bis die disc da war?

ja , 8 days

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Hi,

My copy came a week or so ago, and like you, all I can say is "impressive". I'm loving every minute of it. I don't have any problems at all - that issue you've got with the music isn't present on my system.

I have to admit to being a wee-bit humbled too... I can land on the carriers in all the other SFP/WO* sims without any problems, but it took me 20 passes to finally grab a wire with the Crusader... in real life, they would have bingoed me to Da Nang for sure...(very embrassing!) I really enjoy the immersion - the attention to detail in the missions makes every simply "feel just right". All in all, worth the entry price, and I'll be purchasing the follow-on sets for sure!

SB

So my yap 2 disk came in the mail today and after playing the first mission and then flying around doing a little site seeing ( unauthorized armed recon :biggrin: ) I have to say I am very impressed. this is a big step

beyond the original yap, which in itself was quite good. The terrain is just awesome, the jungle and water effects really step up the realism factor tenfold. also there are some great new effects one being a killer

super thick oily black smoke effect, very cool!!! The only glitch I've seen so far is the yap theme music on the loading screen, it stops and then has a bit of a seizure, besides that little annoyance yap2 kicks A**. The missions look to be the same as the original but with some added objects to spice it up a bit. I would like to see some new missions as I already have the yap1 series of missions, but beyond that

I've got no complaints. -highly recommended in my book. Any body else get this yet?

Nix the music if it bugs you. As for new missions, stick around for the entire 100+, theres a @#$%load of new missions, toys and effects to go with them.

Could not agree more - EVERYONE should buy this! It's all very well done, and everyone should appreciate the hard work that went into it. I have always been a supporter of John and the YAP team members, and am in no way affiliated with them. It's just a super idea that I wish I had thought of first!

Too bad he received such poor treatment in the forums on occasion just because it was a payware product. I don't get it - people shell out $20-30 for a single MS flight Sim Cessna or King Air and think nothing of it. Can't beat your value for a buck with YAP and mission sets.

Mike D.

too bad i cought the release in a bad moment $ :blush2:

even with 05 special offer i can't get it now xD

so far it looks awesome , i hope to get it soon!

I've been holding off on getting YAP2 as I remember hearing that it was a real hard on the average machine. Looking over the website, I did not see any system requirements.

I'm running a 3Ghz CPU w/2Ghz RAM and a 512Mb video card, with XP as my OS. I get low-20s with the OpDS mod on med-high settings at 1440x900 res.

Think I'll do ok? I'd love to get my hands on the H-53 and KC-135.

-S

I've been holding off on getting YAP2 as I remember hearing that it was a real hard on the average machine. Looking over the website, I did not see any system requirements.

I'm running a 3Ghz CPU w/2Ghz RAM and a 512Mb video card, with XP as my OS. I get low-20s with the OpDS mod on med-high settings at 1440x900 res.

-S

The real FPS "killer" in YAP2 is the clouds. If you do what I did, (swap a good sky mod like Widesky's) you can get your really good FPS back and still enjoy all that YAP2 has to offer. :good::biggrin: In fact the YAP2 terain is actually "kinder" to your FPS than Green Hell 2 High, YAP2's terain FPS is closer to the Green Hell 2 Medium, it's just the clouds that are the FPS "killer".

I buy yap 100 missions last year,so I don't know if buy it again or wait to a pack for those who buyed before icluding the new stuff,i've received a mail about it,but I don't know if is a question of time or repeat,buying again,hope that new stuff came by download via payware!

-S

They now include 3 packages 1 with low system requirements- 1mid level - and 1 set up for gaming rigs

I've been holding off on getting YAP2 as I remember hearing that it was a real hard on the average machine.

You are SUCH a whiney baby! :rofl:

Want a bib too you big sis.

:biggrin:

Provided i still have a job after this weekend i should be ordering YAP2 in exactly 3 weeks at the latest.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

Nix the music if it bugs you. As for new missions, stick around for the entire 100+, theres a @#$%load of new missions, toys and effects to go with them.

Just wanted to say I was wrong with the sound issue. The more I play yap2 the more I like It.... really well done.

Looks like the music issue may be due to a sound card error on my older machine so my apology's that is no fault of YAP2, i'm having no sound issues on my new rig at all, just some weird third wire 8-06 vista glitch- had the same problem with old patch WOE- cant run the settings at 1920X 1080p if i remember correctly anything above 1280x 768 crashed to desktop. I had that problem with old patch WOE even after adjusting the terrain data lines as per KB. could have something to do with the fact i am being cheep and am running A VGA adapter instead of the proper cable. I don't think that's it though because none of my other games ( Crysis/ farcry2/ultimate tournament3) have any issues At 1920X1080. The other issue on my new computer is that (wings over series) trees flicker really badly and that really sucks because they are so well done.... and i am not just talking about YAP here, Starry's awesome trees flicker too with my 10-09 patched third wire games. Iv'e got a bad A** asus 8800gtx 768 card in that rig and it looks awesome with every game it has ever touched accept those trees. yet crysis and farcry2 trees look beautiful.... this is strange. Any body else have flickering tree issues with the 8800gtx? my cheep nvidea 6800 makes yap2 and starrys trees look great -frustrating because the 8800gtx was a $400+ video card :blink: and if it looks like crap on the one sim that I play the most, it is totally worthless to me..

Edited by Icarus999

Yeah - it seems to be more of an NVIDIA problem apparently - and ive been stuck with it having a GeForce7600 - despite trying this and that and everything else. Do you remember what forcewear you used with the GF6800? I might give it a go :)

You may see the problem referred to as shimmer elsewhere and it may be worth asking TK if he knows why it happens - although most people blame NV for it. I've even seen one suggestion to blur the trees so if they blend in with the background you will get less flickering.