Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

NK again.....

Are you guys inside?

NK for the 10000009 time threating everybody around....

weird, just know when kim is heading to hell NK get agressive again....is this blackmailing again? :blink:

Was Kim Il-Sung always threatening everyone? Or did Dear Leader, Kim Jong-Il decide to play bully himself...

Am I the only one who think that NK should be invaded ASAP? Its one of the most f***ed up paranoid dictatorships in the world, and the population cant even but food on their tables because that mentally retarded asshole who calls himself the dear leader spends every damn penny in the country on s**tty weapons and luxury items for himself and his staff. He´s power is based on fear and oppression. And I bet 3/4th of the army would desert as soon as the first bombs hits the ground. I seriously doubt that Kim has serious support from any one but himself.

"Was Kim Il-Sung always threatening everyone? "

absolutely.

"Am I the only one who think that NK should be invaded ASAP?"

what? invade a country that hasn't attacked us?

(sarcasm alert.............)

"And I bet 3/4th of the army would desert as soon as the first bombs hits the ground. I seriously doubt that Kim has serious support from any one but himself."

I will differ with you here. There is nothing to indicate that his military and the ruling junta that backs him up is not solidly behind him. You have to remember that if you are in NK, you are fed a constant barrage of foreign invasion threats from the cradle to the grave - and if you are part of the ruling clique or military, you get to eat.

If the Dear Leader died of a heart attack today - the ruling face tomorrow would be different, but nothing else would change.

Edited by Typhoid

You have to remember that if you are in NK, you are fed a constant barrage of foreign invasion threats from the cradle to the grave

Not to mention that the general public can't get information that originates outside of the North Korean government. So almost any info. that they hear is strictly from government sources. They got nothing else to go by. So it is really easy to mis lead the general population into believing that any western powers that try to come in to the country will not be in their best interest.

Well, you might have a point there. But fact is: you don´t negotiate with people like Kim Jong-Il. His mind have been corrupted by way to much power. And people in the army might get to eat but if i was a common infantryman in NK i would not risk my life him.

That's because you have outside knowledge and the freedom to think. In NK, "America is the cause of every single hardship (down to nightly blackouts) and is the greatest evil in the world", and anyone against their Dear Leader is just as bad. There's an interesting documentary that was done by the BBC about two girls in the mass games, the level of access granted to the British crew was unprecedented...and even from that little glimpse, I have no reservations in saying that place is ROYALLY jacked up.

Just contain him and his army like we have always done since '53.

I've been away from a tv or computer all day, what happened?

Growing threat from a country involved in a previous inadequately-resolved war, with a sociopathic leader; meanwhile the world is in a gigantic economic upheaval......this sounds kinda familiar.

unfortunately, I don't think we can roll out Abrams and Raptors for years continually like we did with Shermans and Mustangs back then.

A few well placed cruise missiles and a hand from our good old pals in China..

I've been away from a tv or computer all day, what happened?

Growing threat from a country involved in a previous inadequately-resolved war, with a sociopathic leader; meanwhile the world is in a gigantic economic upheaval......this sounds kinda familiar.

unfortunately, I don't think we can roll out Abrams and Raptors for years continually like we did with Shermans and Mustangs back then.

Seoul - Pyongyang warned that Tuesday, 3, that its army is ready for a war in response to military maneuvers that South Korea and the United States held in joint next week.

linkPyongyang rejects offer of dialogue to South Korean President

The North Korean military forces are "fully prepared to mobilize on their enemy fighters before any provocation that affects the security of the nation," said the official North Korean daily Minju Joson, quoted by the South Korean agency Yonhap news.

The North Korean newspaper also said that the maneuvers are a "serious military threat" to provoke a new armed conflict in the peninsula, which is technically at war since 1953 was signed an armistice and not a peace treaty to end three years of confrontation.

The joint maneuvers will happen between 9 and 20 March as part of military exercises that the U.S. and South Korea are annually.

At the time, the U.S. must mobilize 26 thousand of its more than 28 thousand soldiers deployed in South Korea and an aircraft carrier of nuclear propulsion to test its capacity for action before a possible invasion by North Korea.

efe(spain)

Japan reply too

"Japan threatens to shoot down N Korea test missile" http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03...m?section=world

We should officially tell NK we don't care about them anymore and we refuse to talk to them, and no one else should either!

Am I the only one who think that NK should be invaded ASAP? Its one of the most f***ed up paranoid dictatorships in the world, and the population cant even but food on their tables because that mentally retarded asshole who calls himself the dear leader spends every damn penny in the country on s**tty weapons and luxury items for himself and his staff. He´s power is based on fear and oppression. And I bet 3/4th of the army would desert as soon as the first bombs hits the ground. I seriously doubt that Kim has serious support from any one but himself.

Robert Gabriel Mugabe is 100 Billion (how many Zimbabwe Dollars = 1 USD) times worse.

Robert Gabriel Mugabe is 100 Billion (how many Zimbabwe Dollars = 1 USD) times worse.

True, but he don't have half of NK power

America is the cause of every single hardship (down to nightly blackouts) and is the greatest evil in the world

Have they been talking to Gordon Brown?

We should officially tell NK we don't care about them anymore and we refuse to talk to them, and no one else should either!

Been there, done that. Doesn't work.

No matter what course of action is taken, it seems like the North Korean people will suffer.

It would work IF no one else did either. The problem is many others do keep talking to them.

from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7927520.stm

S Korea diverts jets over threats

Two airlines in South Korea are to re-route flights after North Korea said it could not guarantee their safety.

Pyongyang's threat follows its warnings that a US-South Korean military exercise, due to take place next week, could trigger a military clash.

North Korea has long described such exercises as provocative but tensions between the two Koreas are now high.

About 30 international flights a day usually pass through North Korean airspace to and from the South.

South Korea has called on the communist state to immediately withdraw its threat.

"Threatening civilian airliners' normal operations under international aviation regulations is not only against the international rules but is an act against humanity," Unification Ministry spokesman Kim Ho-nyeon said.

The BBC's John Sudworth in Seoul says passenger planes normally leave Seoul for the eastern United States by swinging north over the Sea of Japan to follow the Korean coastline towards Russia and North Alaska.

The two major airlines, Korean Air and Asiana Airlines, have re-routed some 200 flights over the next two weeks, at the cost of four million won ($2,500; £1,800) per flight.

The annual US-South Korean drill, which involves tens of thousands of troops, starts on Monday and continues for 12 days.

North Korea objects to the exercise every year, but this event comes amid high tensions on the Korean peninsula.

Map

Pyongyang has scrapped a series of peace agreements with the South over Seoul's decision to link bilateral aid to progress on denuclearisation.

Six-nation talks on the aid-for-disarmament deal have stalled and North Korea's neighbours believe it could be preparing to test-fire a long-range missile under the guise of a satellite launch.

Earlier this week, North Korea raised objections to the annual exercise at a rare meeting between its generals and the US-led United Nations Command (UNC) in the South.

Then on Thursday a North Korean committee warned that "security cannot be guaranteed for South Korean civil airplanes" during the forthcoming drill.

No-one knew what "military conflicts will be touched off by the reckless war exercises", it said.

A second short meeting between generals and the UNC was held on Friday, but there were no immediate reports of progress.

In Washington, US State Department spokesman Gordon Duguid said the North's statement was "distinctly unhelpful".

He said Pyongyang should be working on ways to fulfil its disarmament commitments "rather than making statements that are threatening to peaceful aviation".

America's top envoy on North Korea, Stephen Bosworth, is currently visiting the region in an effort to breathe life into the stalled nuclear disarmament talks.

Speaking in Japan, he described North Korea's warning on South Korean airliners as "unacceptable", and urged the communist nation against any rocket launch, whether of a missile or a satellite.