Sign in to follow this  
Hoghead

Smallest insignificant OFF BHaH nitpick contest

Too many Bloody Germans

Is that on the flying wires or the landing wires? Speaking of rigging wires, I just remembered another one. On the Nieuport 23 I think it is, it has flat rigging wires. I'm pretty sure the French never used flat wires like the Se5 but all the rigging wires on Nieuports and Spads were wire cable.

Scott

Definitely flying wires Hog. And the flat wires reduced wind resistance. Took a while for the French to cotton on to that. Not sure about the grain in the struts as well .... doesn't look like Spruce ?

Well, from the inside view of the N17, using the snap views, the front left snap view does not show the rockets on the wing strut. This actually caused me some consternation for a few minutes, wondering why I was short 4 rockets compared to my wingmen. Maybe they just knew how good a shot I was :biggrin: . Then I noticed that they render properly using the scroll view and from the outside. Weird!

RR

I liked rearview mirror in the early Alb V, but at altitude the view in it looks just like the view from ground level, or was it my imagination. Plus I couldn't see those pesky tripehounds that were on my tail.

Guest British_eh

Ok, So Parky and I both got our wish for the Twin Tripe. I'm going to have to ask for a third gun now though, as even having two MG in the Tripe, hasn't lead me to more kills, or a longer life :stars:

Cheers,

British_eh

During the 1st chlorine attack during 2nd Ypres, I buzzed my great-uncle's trench and noticed that his Foreign Legion uniform didn't have the correct number of buttons on the tunic.