Sign in to follow this  
FenrisWlf

Looks like they pulled the plug.

I guess I must be thick. I just could not make myself believe that they would actually delete all that great information. Well, I like it over here just fine. I must say the UI here at CA is superb btw.

Sure enough. FYI, I sent Olham54 an email letting him know our new digs. His rig is out of commission for a while and I didn't want to have him scratching his arse wondering where we were. So I might say that there could be trouble in Oz or someplace as this went down fast and there is no information at SOH now regarding what happened or where we are. So, tell yer mates. Or make a mention on the homepage for the time being?

Edited by Rickitycrate

I'm tempted to make some snide remark about SOH, but let's not. It's done. In the end, everything there was created by the community. It can be rebuilt here in the same spirit.

I get dibs on the first post describing the CFS3config Override settings.

Lol ! uncle al returns ! The plug has indeed been pulled .... password access is denied although OFF 1&2 and OFF3 are still listed so perhaps the OFF team can still retrieve any info they may want ? At least I don't see why not as there was never an issue between the OFF team and SOH as far as I'm aware.

Well Catch, I could visit any forum other than an OFF forum at SOH. The OFF forums are gone from the forum navigation list. So far I see no announcement in the Newshawks or anywhere else either. They don't seem to be sharing what went down with the other forums over there.

They show on the navigation list for me Rickity so I assume the OFF team can still retrieve what they want ? But password access has been blocked for mere mortals.

post-22621-1236136998_thumb.jpg

It would be great if the admins could get alot of that data. To me, some of it is priceless. Tips and tricks, install notes...things to this nature Im sure are in some of our heads...But the search feature doesnt work on other peoples minds (for me anyway) If we could get some of these posts and data back that would be awsome.

Overall.....I have a bad taste in my mouth about this. Im not saying that Combat Ace is bad place to be ( all seems extremely pleasant so far :good: ) I guess from a guys whos out of the loop....All I can do is wonder.

Either way.....we are here.....and it looks good.

Justin

Well, I can't even log onto any forum at SOH...obviously my account has been terminated after just 2 months since joining.....and they kept my $20 donation. Oh well, I learned a lesson not to jump on the donation wagon right off the bat. Best to see how things go for a few months before making a financial commitment.

Edited by Over50

Well no one will pull the plug on you here, unless one of you chaps trip on the lamp cord on your way to getting more beer. :lol:

Mmmmmmmmm Beer. Might have to hang around here more often! Greets!

Well no one will pull the plug on you here, unless one of you chaps trip on the lamp cord on your way to getting more beer. :lol:

And I appreciate that, believe me. Not to rehash what's past, but I was new to both SOH and OFF 3 as of January and after a few visits and the great response I received from the folks in the OFF 3 forum I responded to the site funding solicitation banner in the OFF 3 forum thinking I was contributing to the OFF 3 forum maintenance. Not so I found out - it was for SOH. When I read of the decision to close the OFF 3 forum I asked for a refund in a PM (to who I thought was the site owner) after only 2 months benefit. The reply I got was short and sweet - "bye bye, thats the way it goes". Not a class act by any measure. So I ask your understanding that I'm still smarting from what happened there. People that were long-timers there were more forgiving of what took place. Suffice to say as a short timer and what I experienced I didn't share in their turn the other cheek response. OK, I feel better now. I be done.

And I appreciate that, believe me. Not to rehash what's past, but I was new to both SOH and OFF 3 as of January and after a few visits and the great response I received from the folks in the OFF 3 forum I responded to the site funding solicitation banner in the OFF 3 forum thinking I was contributing to the OFF 3 forum maintenance. Not so I found out - it was for SOH. When I read of the decision to close the OFF 3 forum I asked for a refund in a PM (to who I thought was the site owner) after only 2 months benefit. The reply I got was short and sweet - "bye bye, thats the way it goes". Not a class act by any measure. So I ask your understanding that I'm still smarting from what happened there. People that were long-timers there were more forgiving of what took place. Suffice to say as a short timer and what I experienced I didn't share in their turn the other cheek response. OK, I feel better now. I be done.

Over50 I will not say anything negative about SOH because I would like to believe that a site is bigger than one response..... from one individual... (lets hope), all I can say is for you not to worry about donations here and to expect a different attitude.

Also expect to see some real cool "pro" OFF activity soon.

Welcome.

Over50 I will not say anything negative about SOH because I would like to believe that a site is bigger than one response..... from one individual... (lets hope), all I can say is for you not to worry about donations here and to expect a different attitude.

Also expect to see some real cool "pro" OFF activity soon.

Welcome.

Yep, regardless of the way the plug was pulled, SOH is still a good resource for all things CFS 1, 2, and 3. They just don't do OFF anymore. It's gonna cut way down on their traffic. Their loss.

Hi all,

Its a shame how this all played out.. I guess you can expect a mad rush from all of us OFF Pilots (from the previous Forum) that are now here.. were all a good bunch of folks, that have been done wrong a bit, I must say many thanks for taking us in.. You wont be disapointed!!! ;)

Hurra From the Front,

Blue781 :good:

Edited by Blue781

The OFF3 forums are back up (I must have missed them being down) so go grab the records while the filing cabinets are still open. :)

Siggi,

Seriously if its possible to salvage some of the 100+ posts worth of invaluable information that really would be great not quite sure how though.. oh and cannt forget Widowmakers best OFF hits complete with Sopwith Dolphin and everything... Ha,ha,ha

The SOH OFF Forums are still available by direct link:

SOH OFF Phase 3 Forum

SOH OFF Phase 1&2 Forum

Cheers

Thanks Gremlin,

I'm still posting on the main CFS3 site to let other SOH members and OFF BHaH users that we have moved.

At this point, the reasons are moot, but remember why we came here, and let's make it a good time for all.

OvS

Well, I just tried to log on this morning..and I was confronted with THIS!.... No idea what it means though :wink:

post-22245-1236167736_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gremlin,

I'm still posting on the main CFS3 site to let other SOH members and OFF BHaH users that we have moved.

At this point, the reasons are moot, but remember why we came here, and let's make it a good time for all.

OvS

That's a good idea, James. I have it also in the news and adjusted my OFF links page accordingly.

Cheers

Edit: Lol, Widowmaker :biggrin: How to NOT donate.

Edited by Gremlin_WoH

Well, I just tried to log on this morning..and I was confronted with THIS!.... No idea what it means though :wink:

LOL!!! You got the 'amount' right. LOL!!!! :good::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey Guy's,

All setup here, shame about SOH but, we all knew it was coming. So, a new start for us here. Lets all really think about what we post and say here, okay.

....... we are running out of fourms to to host us!

Q; So is this the OFFICAL BHaH OFF Forum now for all our posts? If so, I am not posting in SOH any more.

Cheers,

WF2

P.S. Miss my whip and boots .... LOL.

Hey Guy's,

All setup here, shame about SOH but, we all knew it was coming. So, a new start for us here. Lets all really think about what we post and say here, okay.

....... we are running out of fourms to to host us!

Q; So is this the OFFICAL BHaH OFF Forum now for all our posts? If so, I am not posting in SOH any more.

Cheers,

WF2

P.S. Miss my whip and boots .... LOL.

Nice to see you over here Keri Ann with or without your usual apparel.

I agree with you on content of posts.

As I see that pretty much the entire OFF team are going to be be moderators here, I really believe this is going to be a great forum.

Best

nio

:grin: