Sign in to follow this  
cazna

WIBNI - Flight Time excludes Warp Time

WIBNI = Wouldn't It Be Nice If ... (a.k.a. a feature request)

From a previous post I made at SOH re:a question on Warping and flight time and some subsequent sniffing around in the OFF generated data file for a campaign mission, I am wondering whether some consideration could be made for inclusion in a future release for the following:

Flight Time = Sum of all non-Warp flight time

I has actually thought that this was the case but I recently flew a mission with a substational component of warping (call me lazy!) and I think I still received a significant flight time credit (30 minutes) when it should have been about 5 minutes.

Fold, mutilate or spindle this suggestion as you see fit.

cazna.

WIBNI = Wouldn't It Be Nice If ... (a.k.a. a feature request)

From a previous post I made at SOH re:a question on Warping and flight time and some subsequent sniffing around in the OFF generated data file for a campaign mission, I am wondering whether some consideration could be made for inclusion in a future release for the following:

Flight Time = Sum of all non-Warp flight time

I has actually thought that this was the case but I recently flew a mission with a substational component of warping (call me lazy!) and I think I still received a significant flight time credit (30 minutes) when it should have been about 5 minutes.

Fold, mutilate or spindle this suggestion as you see fit.

cazna.

Cazna,

Warp and time compress didn't count toward total flight time in P2, it does however in P3. Several people (myself included) asked that time in time compress and warp count toward total air time and OBD was gracious enough to comply in P3.

Scott

This is one thing always annoyed me as well. Im afraid its kinda hard coded and you just have to deal with it. I would have a at least a few pilots over the "Golden" hours......but I "cheated" and used the warp. To me the sim is about being realistic anyway.......If I want the hours...I need to "fly" them! :biggrin:

Cazna,

Warp and time compress didn't count toward total flight time in P2, it does however in P3. Several people (myself included) asked that time in time compress and warp count toward total air time and OBD was gracious enough to comply in P3.

Scott

Wow Scott, thanks for the insight. Im still on Phase 2 so Im glad you clerified. Man I need P3 in a bad way. :sad:

warp

C'mon guys you know the rules here. No dirty 4 letter words allowed :nono: