Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Custom Skins in MP

Hi Guys

Just started playing in MP and am not sure if it is possible to select the skin you wish to use?

If it is, can someone advise as to how to select it?

I don't think you can. Stumper made me a custom N17 and I can only use it for QC and Missions. If I am wrong Stumper will set me straight.

i could be wrong,, but thout i saw an old post saying you can use a custom skin,,,but you will be the only one that can see it, unless everyone else has it in thier forlder...

and,,could be wrong about this also, but thout the older post said just because you have a custom skin,,,doesnt mean you have to rename the plane...(as in axe's case)...

SirRod is working on skins,,,,so you may want to catch up with him,,,see how he is coming along

you correct onyl you wil see the skin unless everybody ahs the same skin why once the last patchis out we can make standaloen avable for doves and hawks member to be gotten form our dl site and to be used onl in our private games

you correct onyl you wil see the skin unless everybody ahs the same skin why once the last patchis out we can make standaloen avable for doves and hawks member to be gotten form our dl site and to be used onl in our private games

thats fine guys thanks...but how do you select it??

thats fine guys thanks...but how do you select it??

Maybe a database of MP skins can be created, much like RB3D used to have? Is that possible?

somehting to investigate, woudl be sweet if we could change skinz for each person in a flight, not usre but perhaps somehting with the mos file perhaps like the noseart? jsut a tiny thunderclap in a brainstorm

So, as of this moment..it can't be done?...that's a shame, cos I did 3 skins for me and my two squad mates.

oh well :sorry:

Hi Guys,

Theres no way for individual players to have a personel aircraft custom skins and all of them be veiwable in game by every player.

Each player can have a custom skin for the N17 say, but only the individual will see that skin, the rest of the players will see whatever N17 skin they have in their aircraft folder.

theres no way for a players flight of aircraft in CFS3 to have varying skins across the flight, all aircraft will use the same skin on any given installation.

For the Players flight, the flight is made up of multiple renditions of the same model for any given aircraft type used. even if you enter differant model names into slots 2,3,4,5 it will use the model name in slot 1 for all to determine the plane used.

however for enemy aircraft flights in missions these can be made up of multiple model types and these models have their own skins. so if you had say 5 standalones of the Dr1 you could have an enemy flight that had 5 historical ace paint schemes attacking you.

HTH's

regards Rob.

Edited by Capt. Winters

Hi Guys,

Theres no way for individual players to have a personel aircraft custom skins and all of them be veiwable in game by every player.

Each player can have a custom skin for the N17 say, but only the individual will see that skin, the rest of the players will see whatever N17 skin they have in their aircraft folder.

theres no way for a players flight of aircraft in CFS3 to have varying skins across the flight, all aircraft will use the same skin on any given installation.

For the Players flight, the flight is made up of multiple renditions of the same model for any given aircraft type used. even if you enter differant model names into slots 2,3,4,5 it will use the model name in slot 1 for all to determine the plane used.

however for enemy aircraft flights in missions these can be made up of multiple model types and these models have their own skins. so if you had say 5 standalones of the Dr1 you could have an enemy flight that had 5 historical ace paint schemes attacking you.

HTH's

regards Rob.

Thanks Capt Winters.... Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks anyhow

ok,,thanks cw..

now maybe you can answer another question

we have a plane that is correct in all aspects,,,as it is available in mission builder( from the drop down box of available planes),,,and flies fine in a built mission.

trouble is that is not available in qc, or mp from the list of available aircraft...

not up on skinning planes,,,,but im assuming that somewhere there is an option to make the plane available to just missions or just mp or both....

any ideas?