Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

IE7 slows forum..but Google Chrome whizzes!

Just an observation which may help someone.

My wife uses IE7 (pah!) but I am hooked on Google Chrome. (both on same PC)

I commented earlier about the slow loading times of this particular forum. Well, it is appearing to be slow in IE7 (what isnt?)

But on Chrome (and possibly Firefox..though I dont use it) it is really quick.

Dunno if it's just me though.

Now I am getting used to the layout on here, I am starting to really like it :good:

The Fox runs beautifully for me. Interweb Destroyer seems to run like 1 legged, arthritic dog through a lake of molasses during a Canadian blizzard for me whenever I try to use it for anything. So I don't anymore.

Widsy:

I was going to try Google Chrome but I was under the impression that it had some privacy issues. I may be wrong though. I'll check it out with someone who will know later on today and will report back. That was quite a while ago and it may have been changed since.

I have to agree with you that this place is a good place to hang our hat. :good:

Tony

I use Opera and it is as smooth as silk :smile:

Widsy:

I was going to try Google Chrome but I was under the impression that it had some privacy issues. I may be wrong though. I'll check it out with someone who will know later on today and will report back. That was quite a while ago and it may have been changed since.

I have to agree with you that this place is a good place to hang our hat. :good:

Tony

Hi Tony,

Yeah, I have to admit I was a bit concerned about that at first..... But I am begining to think that's a bit of an urban myth....and the speed of it compared to IE is a great improvement.

(it isn't perfect though as it's still quite new, has one or two minor issues) but where it scores over Firefox (imho) is that you dont have to install plugins every two minutes.

All imho of course :wink:

The Fox runs beautifully for me. Interweb Destroyer seems to run like 1 legged, arthritic dog through a lake of molasses during a Canadian blizzard for me whenever I try to use it for anything. So I don't anymore.

yeah, I agree.. IE sux

Hi Tony,

Yeah, I have to admit I was a bit concerned about that at first..... But I am begining to think that's a bit of an urban myth....and the speed of it compared to IE is a great improvement.

(it isn't perfect though as it's still quite new, has one or two minor issues) but where it scores over Firefox (imho) is that you dont have to install plugins every two minutes.

All imho of course :wink:

I wouldn't call it an urban myth - even one of our goverment agencies warns against it...

Good call on the chrome, just download, its quick, i prefer it to fox to be honest

I use FF3, and it works just fine. I just dl'd Chrome, and will give it a try.

I use the Fox even though you are downloading something once a week it works. As to Microswipes Interweb thingy... as above so slow an ashmatic ant carrying heavy shopping uphill would out run it...