Sign in to follow this  
Nick Tselepides

Ea-6b Vaq-133 Wizards New Skin

:D This is the second skin of the Hawker Prowler I have finished, this time in high Visibility earlier scheme. I am going to see if I can upload it at avsim, hoping it is not a difficult thing to do, so those interested can download it. If I run into problems uploading it, I will seek your advice. If I am successful, I will also upload the low-vis scheme of VA-132 Scorpions.

Tonight I will decide which Prowler skin I can do next--might be VAQ-135 Black Ravens, high vis, NE/158040/modexed 623 with a black bird on the vertical fin.

I have enjoyed doing these Prowlers so much that I have done little else for the past 4-5 days. That is because my no.1 favorite subject is US Navair, with the FAA taking 2nd place.

The side decals do not look right yet (the carrier name and the Sqn name below and over the NAVY marking ), and I am thinking of typing in a heavier font to correct it. Advice would be welcome. That is a decalX.tga file marking...

Cheers

post-28-1070473429_thumb.jpg

Nice skin Jinks,

but to use it I need the bird first. Where can I grab that?

Striker01

Thanks alot, Jinks

and where do I find your skin? Shall I upload it on my page?

Striker01

Edited by striker01

Awesome work Jinks. You are doing my bird proud. :D

I can't offer much more than words of praise because I'm

still deployed to Iraq until early '04.

Keep up the great work!

Hawker

Edited by Hawker1

:) Striker 01:

Email me your email address at

jinx@e-free.gr

and I will send you the files necessary to upload it--I am looking for a site to upload it at, and will take you up on the offer.

Hawker 1:

I love the Prowler, so I am doing many skins for it and enjoying more than anything else. Have finished one of VAQ-139 Cougars too in CAG colors, and will do a couple of more. You made a great plane without which this work of mine would not have been possible, so we are proud of you. If it gets uploaded somewhere, full credit will be given to you, of course.

To all the guys who do not know where to get the base plane: it is at Gramps site--see the simhq forums for that.

Thanks to all for your kind words and remember that I am still a struggling beginner at re-skinning, but I manage so far...

Cheers :D

Nick from Athens, Greece

Guest capun

Hawker

Did you have a chance to read my post about the latest's model?

Thx

Hi Jinks,

sent to striker01@36vtfw.de

The link to Gramps site is also available there.

Regards

Striker01

Edited by striker01