Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

Who's got the longest?

Just lost my longest serving pilot, He decided to T-bone a EIII after 17.2 hours of flying a bristol scout in 1916, whats your longest?

Edited by Red-Dog

Just lost my longest serving pilot, He decided to T-bone a EIII after 17.2 hours of flying a bristol scout in 1916, whats your longest?

In a strange wierd coincidence , my longest living pilot was actually the very first one I tried at 100 realism. He had no kills confirmed but flew 17.5 combat hours in a Spad XIII.

I was forced down and captured on my next flight after reaching that number :-) oh well.

Well....let's put it this way. I haven't survived beyond a 3rd mission yet at 90% realism. Even whimping out and running away with as few as (3) enemy AI I still get shot down. Sigh.... :crutch00:

DiD or non-DiD? Best DiD was Sidney, 12.85hrs. Alfred wasn't proper DiD (iffy resurrection at 4 hours), but he got 14+ hours. The other two are an embarrassment. :blush::biggrin:

My pilot Kiste Rachatisch flying Fokker EIII in a quiet sector logged 17.28 hours. Met his fate with archie.

DiD or non-DiD? Best DiD was Sidney, 12.85hrs. Alfred wasn't proper DiD (iffy resurrection at 4 hours), but he got 14+ hours. The other two are an embarrassment. :blush::biggrin:

My 17.5 was non DiD (siggi standard) but my version of DiD which has me using Warp more than Captian Kirk did.

My 17.5 was non DiD (siggi standard) but my version of DiD which has me using Warp more than Captian Kirk did.

Just think, if you hadn't been using warp you'd still be alive. :biggrin:

Or free as the case would be.

Edited by Siggi

Was using DiD rule's 110%, also tried some of it without Tac at all, out of the 17.2 hours i only got 1 kill. Got shot down 7 times but every time the game said i got away with it, some of them were flamers?

Anyway looks like it's time to start again. :clapping:

My best DiD so far is Hank Rossington of the Lafayette Escadrille. Im at 6.4 hours at 130% realism. 2 confirmed kills so far.

But I have to restart as Im on a new PC now.....err will be. :doh:

-Rooster

My best DiD so far is Hank Rossington of the Lafayette Escadrille. Im at 6.4 hours at 130% realism. 2 confirmed kills so far.

-Rooster

I'm sure there are some files you can transfer over to keep him going. :yes:

You guys are doing much better than I am. We are talking about P3, right, which has only been out about 4 weeks now, I think. Anyway, my longest so far was poor Stan Goble, who died last night in a landing that in NO WAY should have been fatal. Them's the breaks. He's the only one I've really flown in campaign. I've created a couple of others but have only flown one other on one mission. Flying DiD, I think (100 realism, but perhaps freer use of TAC and labels than Siggi's standards allow...I'll have to check them again), he logged 8.3 hours, with one kill pending and four others rejected or not claimed. I'm still in mourning, as you can tell.

Edited by griphos

I'm sure there are some files you can transfer over to keep him going. :yes:

Will do Siggi. First, I have to get this mess all sorted out (see "First Technical Question") and then he's over the mud once again!

-Rooster

Edited by Rooster89

-Rooster

My good ness rooster 130% ? WOW!

Yep 130 MK2 :biggrin: . I like to have it as real as it gets, and it is. Its really tough to live very long though.....but it is a war.

Happy flying man,

-Rooster

None of my pilots last very long. 5 to 6 flights at the most. The latest, Herr Velvet Gruber overturned his DVII at take off when he wasn't watching where he was going. :skull: Now I'm attempting the Fee as Sgt Velvet. I guess I'm looking for my WWI nitch. Luckly I have a few more lifes to play with than the real guys did.

My best is still alive, Lt. Llewellyn Rhys with 13 hours so far. He was resurrected after a pop-up CTD'd OFF so he doesn't conform to true DiD (although it happened before DiD was firmed up). Rhys has spent a substantial amount of his first three months combat in Hospital though! :crutch00:

Edited by Dej