Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

screen shots..

can i get a quick step by step on getting screen shots up?....i upload the pic using the manage current attachments...and then click on the green plus sign,,,but all i get is an attachment that is basically a link to download the file....

thanks....

You can go to your profile and create your own gallery to host your pictures here at CA.

or.

You can simply upload them the OFF Gallery.

M

Not off topic. OFFers what is the correct way to make screen grabs. I am doing shift+; then F12. Sometimes I have success other times not. I messed up some great action pics tonight and need a new moron chipset or your kind help, help.

To take screen shots I use CTRL+;

can i get a quick step by step on getting screen shots up?....i upload the pic using the manage current attachments...and then click on the green plus sign,,,but all i get is an attachment that is basically a link to download the file....

thanks....

Hi sitting duck , you will only see the file path on the post screen, if you go in to preview post you will see your pic's.

I hope this helps.... :notworthy:

Hi sitting duck , you will only see the file path on the post screen, if you go in to preview post you will see your pic's.

I hope this helps.... :notworthy:

lol..sorry,,,guess i should have made the question more specific,,,,as red dog guessed...

yes,,i want to get a pic into a post,,,,and,,all i was ending up with was the [attachment] thing in my post,,,which by the way,,was a download link if you put your cursor on it,,and was the same in both the preview,,and actuall post (so i deleted the post)...

proceedure i did was to go to the browse button,,select the file,,,,upload the file,,,then clicked on manage current attachments,,select the pic i just uploaded from the dropdown, and click on the icon with the green plus sighn (insert image into text editor)

(wow,,,just noticed it gives you all the posts in the thread as well as the reply window...great idea....)

went to preview,,,and all i get is the attachment line...

will post this,,,and if it does what it has in the past,,,will end up with no pic in the post,,but a link to the pic

Sitting duck, i don't use the icon with the plus sign i just click the file path in the drop down menu on the manage current attachments , bottom right above upload tab...

Well I will offer what I can. Click browse, select image file,click green upload button, the manage current attachments should indicat (1), scroll the page down to the group of smilies and just under that is "add reply" or "preview", click. I hope that's what you need.

Well I will offer what I can. Click browse, select image file,click green upload button, the manage current attachments should indicat (1), scroll the page down to the group of smilies and just under that is "add reply" or "preview", click. I hope that's what you need.

ok,,this is red-dogs method...

and rickitycrate,,,i did mine the same way you did yours.....

and,,when i went to preview,,i did get something new,,,,a "initializing attchement" window under the reply post screen,,,,but,,,no pic..

just out of curisity,,,after you post your pic,,,does the system delete the pic file? ie,,if you want to post the pic again,,you have to upload it again,,which is my case..

damn,,hope i didnt do something to piss someone off,,,,didnt take me long...

Once I post they are automaticlly sent to "My Controls" upper right corner of this page. Click on that and see if it shows your images. This is all new to me. I will do it myself as well.

Edited by Rickitycrate

Yes, at the top is "Your account summary" and listed should be your images in "Recent attachments"

Edited by Rickitycrate

ok,,this is red-dogs method...

and rickitycrate,,,i did mine the same way you did yours.....

and,,when i went to preview,,i did get something new,,,,a "initializing attchement" window under the reply post screen,,,,but,,,no pic..

just out of curisity,,,after you post your pic,,,does the system delete the pic file? ie,,if you want to post the pic again,,you have to upload it again,,which is my case..

damn,,hope i didnt do something to piss someone off,,,,didnt take me long...

Sitting duck i noticed that your file is a Bmp, all mine are jpeg, may be try that... :salute: