Hey Gunny...as per your request....

AD-5_USMCjpg.jpg

BTW: should be a small modex number on bottom of rudder, both sides. Can't get Rudder01 mesh to accept a decal. Tried for almost 3 hours, no joy, sorry, sir...

Let me know if this is acceptable....

Regards, Pete

Pappy,

Looks outstanding! A Winner. Don't worry about the Modex....In time it might show up. Thanx!

VMA-331 Transition to the AD-5 in 1954 after being the last Squadron to operate Corsairs (F4U-1) in the Marine Corps. They again transistioned to the Skyraiders in 1959 flying the AD-6 (A-1J) being the last Marine Corps Squadron to Deploy with it as an active duty unit. In 1970, They were the first Squadron to receive the A-4M Skyhawk II and received the Last Production A-4 Skyhawk produced by McDonnell Douglas in 1978. The stood down in 1982. Stood up in 1985 Being the first

Combat Squadron in the USMC to operate the AV-8B. After Desert Storm, The squadron stood down in 1992.

BTW, The Squadron Patch is the last Squadron Patch that survived WW II that Walt Disney designed and was never approved by the CNO. The original Color of the background of the Patch was that you have on the Wing Tips. Light Blue making it the Senior Squadron Patch of the Marines. They changed it to Red in 1959. Tradition is tradition......

Edited by 331Killerbee

Here's the Original Patch....

vma331.gif

In 1943 they were known as the "Doodlebugs". They changed to "Bumblebees" in 1954. In 1985 they became the "KillerBees"......

Edited by 331Killerbee

Splendid. Another good day for multi place ADs. Good job Pappy and KillerBee.

Do you know what Marine AD-5N squadron had the TN tail code that I use in my sig?

:ph34r: CL

Splendid. Another good day for multi place ADs. Good job Pappy and KillerBee.

Do you know what Marine AD-5N squadron had the TN tail code that I use in my sig?

:ph34r: CL

VMC-3 which became VMCJ-3. Then later VMFP-3.......Hopes this helps.

Semper Fi!

331Killerbee

Edited by 331Killerbee