Sign in to follow this  
bucklehead101

College news

Good news. I was accepted to the University of Portland!

Its a pretty expensive school too, luckily, I received an Army ROTC scholarship for history that covers 100% tuition, and since I'm on scholarship, the school pays for 100% room and board.

I applied to a bunch of state schools in WA (my home state) but nothing from them yet. Go figure. I can get word from an out of state private college, but not from 3 different in-state schools!

I applied for an Air Force scholarship as well, but was deferred to the next board, and eventually was presented a scholarship as well, unfortunately, it was a type 7, which wouldn't make a dent into the tuition costs. The whole scholarship process with the Air Force was painful. I'd send an email, and get something back 3 weeks later, telling me that they cant answer it right now because of many applicants and a too few workers, but they'll get to me as soon as possible. The Army on the other hand was superb. I would get an email back the same day, even though I live in Korea!

Ill keep you guys informed on everything and don't worry, I'm not gonna give up flight simming, its too much fun!

Good news. I was accepted to the University of Portland!

Its a pretty expensive school too, luckily, I received an Army ROTC scholarship for history that covers 100% tuition, and since I'm on scholarship, the school pays for 100% room and board.

I applied to a bunch of state schools in WA (my home state) but nothing from them yet. Go figure. I can get word from an out of state private college, but not from 3 different in-state schools!

I applied for an Air Force scholarship as well, but was deferred to the next board, and eventually was presented a scholarship as well, unfortunately, it was a type 7, which wouldn't make a dent into the tuition costs. The whole scholarship process with the Air Force was painful. I'd send an email, and get something back 3 weeks later, telling me that they cant answer it right now because of many applicants and a too few workers, but they'll get to me as soon as possible. The Army on the other hand was superb. I would get an email back the same day, even though I live in Korea!

Ill keep you guys informed on everything and don't worry, I'm not gonna give up flight simming, its too much fun!

Congratulations and best of luck!! Winning a full ride scholarship is quite an acomplishment!

:good:

Congrats! Great news!