Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Some kind of weirdness.

Since around 11am this morning the CA site was down for me, got various "page not found" type errors. I assumed it was a temporary outage. But finally, after checking other forums for possible queries, and seeing none, I thought something odd was up. I cleared all my CA cookies and other such files and CA now works again.

Upon getting back in I see no new posts since this morning and suspect it's not just me who's had the problem?

Anyone reading this? :fie:

same here,

and i thought, oooh no. not again... :fie:

I've posted in the CFS3 forum at SoH, just in case.

I've posted in the CFS3 forum at SoH, just in case.

No biggie, just a hiccup I'm sure. Take a look at how good our forum looks now!! :)

These guys ROCK!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

No biggie, just a hiccup I'm sure. Take a look at how good our forum looks now!! :)

These guys ROCK!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

It is truly superb! :iagree:

Since around 11am this morning the CA site was down for me, got various "page not found" type errors. I assumed it was a temporary outage. But finally, after checking other forums for possible queries, and seeing none, I thought something odd was up. I cleared all my CA cookies and other such files and CA now works again.

Upon getting back in I see no new posts since this morning and suspect it's not just me who's had the problem?

Anyone reading this? :fie:

Yup, me too. And where it was showing yesterday I'm now seeing a blank with and x and the words "Group Icon" in a box just below the member status verbiage? I haven't changed any IE security settings, etc. Again, everything was fine yesterday ??

Edited by Over50

Yup, me too. And where it was showing yesterday I'm now seeing a blank with and x and the words "Group Icon" in a box just below the member status verbiage? I haven't changed any IE security settings, etc. Again, everything was fine yesterday ??

The Xs is probably due to the new forum skin. Fates will sort it out tonight.

As far as outages, it could have been something Erik was doing that he could not do live.

Sometimes a very temporary outage might occur because some maintenance that is being done on other parts of the overall site. Generally Combatace does not have a lot of downtime but since we are adding sub groups to the OFF section perhaps a few small issues might be expected the first few days until it is all sorted out (like the forum skin etc.).

I posted about it only because of the timing. I've been trying on and off all day but it only worked again immediately after I'd cleared all the cookies. Could be purely coincidental of course, but in case not I figured the cure (if it was such) would be worth posting. :)

I posted about it only because of the timing. I've been trying on and off all day but it only worked again immediately after I'd cleared all the cookies. Could be purely coincidental of course, but in case not I figured the cure (if it was such) would be worth posting. :)

the info is important..I just wish I had Erik's brain to tell you what it could be , he might be able to shed light on it later.

A failed attempt to reach a site can sometimes generate a corrupt cookie or other file (where the initial failure was caused by something up with the site), which renders all subsequent attempts failures too.

Guys I'm on it ... been working with the server all morning.

Locally resetting your cookies was probably coincidental with the server coming back after some changes this morning.

I'll continue to work on things until we have a solid and robust home. You can expect some mild interruptions and I'll try to keep them at a minimum. I'll let you know when the work is complete and how we're doing along the way.

Here's a snap shot of what I was working on this morning.

When the server load gets above 20 it's no good. When we see loads into the 400 range it's really not a good. :blowup:

Guys I'm on it ... been working with the server all morning.

Locally resetting your cookies was probably coincidental with the server coming back after some changes this morning.

I'll continue to work on things until we have a solid and robust home. You can expect some mild interruptions and I'll try to keep them at a minimum. I'll let you know when the work is complete and how we're doing along the way.

Here's a snap shot of what I was working on this morning.

When the server load gets above 20 it's no good. When we see loads into the 400 range it's really not a good. :blowup:

Woh, server carpet-bombing. :D

The Xs is probably due to the new forum skin. Fates will sort it out tonight.

As far as outages, it could have been something Erik was doing that he could not do live.

Sometimes a very temporary outage might occur because some maintenance that is being done on other parts of the overall site. Generally Combatace does not have a lot of downtime but since we are adding sub groups to the OFF section perhaps a few small issues might be expected the first few days until it is all sorted out (like the forum skin etc.).

Thanks MK2..