Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

Custom cockpit view

hallo all,

i am wondering if the custom view in the cockpit are set because they are historically accurate, or because cfs engine is doing it. because if you zoom forward, the whole world zooms forward.

in my case IMHO the view in the albatros cockpit is a bit too far away, so i zoomed one notch forward. inside the cockpit it looked more realistic because such a cell ain't that big and since i zoomed it a notch forward it looks realistic to reach the guns and to check your gauges. i can also a bit better recognize specks and landmarks, so that also seemed more realistic for me. the best thing i found out, it boosted my fps up between 10-15.

so i want to ask if the custom view is realistic, or is it ok to zoom it up? i am talking of one notch. not more.

creaghorn

Hi There,

The cockpit zoom option can be used however the player feels is right for him or her. Zoom back and you see more of the cockpit and also have a wider field of view outside.

Personnaly I zoom forwards, like you, to give a more realistic position in the cockpit. I also find that it improves the overall look outside the cockpit as well.

Its really down to what the player feels is right for them.

thanks for your opinion, bagger.

so i'm not alone with the impression :hi:

I have another question. When you tap F4, you are being swapped to various views. The last one is Player/Target view. Sometimes, when targeting a bogie, I press F4 too many times, and I see directly the targeted plane. I dont want this to happen.. :ph34r: Can I change the Player/Target view with another view (Flyby view for instance) so that I will not be able to see by mistake what is the targeted plane?

I have another question. When you tap F4, you are being swapped to various views. The last one is Player/Target view. Sometimes, when targeting a bogie, I press F4 too many times, and I see directly the targeted plane. I dont want this to happen.. :ph34r: Can I change the Player/Target view with another view (Flyby view for instance) so that I will not be able to see by mistake what is the targeted plane?

honestly, i don't know if it's possible. i would say no. if you change it, it would change the completely feature of f4, not only the showing target. maybe what might help is to set your f4 key to one of your joystick buttons where you have more control of and can reach easier, while flying, so it might decrease the chance you tap it too often.

p.s.

i have a lot of greek friends, some of them admire onassis, some callas, some even the singer perikles, but you are the first i know who seems to admire gousgounis :biggrin:

Gous:

You can't have a bogey padlocked if you want to avoid that. Simply un-padlock before you hit F4, I believe that's the only way. (To un-padlock I cycle through all bogeys until I get a non-lock.)

i have a lot of greek friends, some of them admire onassis, some callas, some even the singer perikles, but you are the first i know who seems to admire gousgounis

Hahahahah! Believe me it is not so rare to see fans of Gousgounis :crazy:

@ Creaghorn; I don't have a TrackIR so I mapped the eyepoint movements to my joystick hats. This way, I can look around the cockpit, over the side, etc without changing the zoom view. I prefer to zoom out one notch then move my eyepoint forward a little. HTH

@ Gous: The player/target view can be toggled so your plane is front and center, and the view follows the target in the distance. This way, you only see pretty much what you would see from your plane. I think it is Ctrl+Shift+F4 to toggle it.

@ Gous: The player/target view can be toggled so your plane is front and center, and the view follows the target in the distance. This way, you only see pretty much what you would see from your plane. I think it is Ctrl+Shift+F4 to toggle it.

:worship: :worship: :notworthy: