Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Welcome to the OFF Skinners Section

Hi All,

Hopefully this will be the Hang out for us OFF skinners.

If you have Paintshop or Photoshop and fancy your hand at skinning some of your own Aircraft for QC / Campaigns or Missions this is the place to be!

If you require any help with your paint programs, feel free to ask as there are some talented guys here (though sadly, I aint one of them!)

Enjoy your stay :smile:

glad you starting to skin widowmaker, ill go trhu my tutorials a lto fo them form wilbat and get thenm posted in here asap, also which programs i use as well like dxtbmp form martin wright thigns was agod send for me :grandpa:

glad you starting to skin widowmaker, ill go trhu my tutorials a lto fo them form wilbat and get thenm posted in here asap, also which programs i use as well like dxtbmp form martin wright thigns was agod send for me :grandpa:

That would be MOST welcome stump.

Much appreciated

I would love to skin. I have Corel Photo-Paint Essentials 3 on my rig. Would this program work? That would be nice.

I would love to skin. I have Corel Photo-Paint Essentials 3 on my rig. Would this program work? That would be nice.

i ahve used ti wiht photshop psp gimp so i dont knwo why it owuldnt it will allwo you to change your editor(paintproggy) form standard ms paint to whatever

Hi all,

I also am very interested in learning to skin.. I have Paintshop Pro 8, i hope you can use this program for it.. could you please set up some kind of easy tutorial (please dont make it read like stereo instructions for all us noobs) ha,ha,

many thanks, oh and Widow those shots are amazing whats the button to take screenies again? F12 if im not mistaken? or is it another button, as i really forgot!

Cheers,

Guest Barnstorm

Greetings everyone,

I would like to explore to world of a/c skinning, I guess, for lack of better term. What I would like to do, is to be able to customize existing skins within the OFF library, to my taste and liking. For instance, adding emblems and statements,ect. Since others have developed these skins first, do I need permission to modify them or do I need to ackowlage original "artist"?

I have seen the work Olham ond others have done in this regard, and would like to give it a go. I can procure Photoshop, without problem. Let me know how to get started.

Best regards,

Hi Barnstorm...when it comes to skinning..anything goes!... The boys of OBD actively encourage our efforts, and will themselves be judging the contest, so no worries there.

As for 'permission' to modify other people's skins, from what I have seen, there are no anal-retentives in this particular skinning squad, and if you can improve on my noobie skins (most people could!) please feel free to do so! (I assume the other guys would say the same) but with literally thousands of classic OFF skins available, you should be spoilt for choice!!!...just remember to work on a copy of the original... It's too easy to screw up the original skin...last thing you want to see in campaign is a naff skin, of a ruined original!

Best of luck..dont forget to post your creations, and above all.. HAVE FUN doing it!!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

BARNSTORM - if you meant the original OFF skins: we all work from there,

changing them. It's permitted by the team!

Guest Barnstorm

Thanks WM and Olham.

Next ?...Where do I start? Not being a wise *ss, but I have no idea how to EVEN start the skinning process. I am not really interested in the competition, just customizing my own livery. I got interested after reading the custom "motifs", or slogans Olham and others created for their a/c. Point me in the right direction read any and all posted material on the subject, and I will get started.

I appreciate the assistance. :notworthy:

Barnstorm I am new to this but can recommend you download Gous' 2 tutorials. Download the dxt program that Stumpjumper linked for us and decide on a paint program for your editor.

Guest Barnstorm

Thanks RickityCrate,

I downloaded the only tut I found at Gous---the Advanced one. I did pull all the recomended downloades from the list that Stumpjumper put out. Now, I only have to read and practice. I appricate the follow-up.

I suggest the basic tutorial too. I bumped it up to the top again and asked for it to be stickified.

Barnstorm I am new to this but can recommend you download Gous' 2 tutorials. Download the dxt program that Stumpjumper linked for us and decide on a paint program for your editor.

Hi

Also look through the old skinning posts as there is some very good advice from the more gifted skinners.

I have started on very simple Albatros DII markings as Jasta liveries were only just starting to be used.

Also be warned- skinning can become very addictive.

Regards