Sign in to follow this  
zoomzoom

JUST CURIOUS About DEATH :)

Was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing I have? (No this is not a nitpick or negative thread in any way, just trying to help the Dev's incorporate even more accuracy into the sim.) I've shot down over 77 planes with various pilots and in different campaigns, and the one thing I have never seen modeled is a quick kill. I think there was a seperate thread on this somewhere else, so if I'm beating an already addressed "dead Horse", please forgive me. I always and I mean always, no matter how accurately I pummel the engine or pilot with lead, get the slow long-term sink and final crash from the EA. Yes they flame, the engine explodes and flies out of the plane etc. etc., but they just continue to cruise on down, or at best stall and sink in. I mean, I don't expect a quick kill to happen even 10% of the time, but once in a while, say, when you dive on an unsuspecting EA from six oclock out of the sun, and he doesn't even evade you because he hasn't seen you and you simply thoroughly riddle the cockpit with flaming tracers as you pass by, once in a while it would be nice to see him simply lurch and spin in, without the multiple passes necessary and expending the rest of your entire load of ammo to down an already, technically "dead" pilot. This is historically accurate and did occurr once and awhile. Just a thought.

ZZ.

PS.....Still loving this Phase 3. It IS THE BEST!!! : )

Excellent! Many thanks RC.

ZZ.

Bullethead had started a good thread with analysis on the type of kills and how the AI responded. Maybe someone can dig it up . I think it is the same one Rickity mentions.

Bullethead had started a good thread with analysis on the type of kills and how the AI responded. Maybe someone can dig it up . I think it is the same one Rickity mentions.

Actually, spin-ins do happen... or at least did. There's a good illustration of this on Preview Movie #9 about 30 seconds in, a Camel pilot is shot by a couple of Tripehounds, obviously hit because he screams, then he spins all the way down. Unless of course it's just a very good effect.

I've had a few sudden death shots. It usually takes more than a couple of bursts, but when the square on the TAC goes black, that means he's dead. The plane heads straight for the ground after that.

I've had a few sudden death shots. It usually takes more than a couple of bursts, but when the square on the TAC goes black, that means he's dead. The plane heads straight for the ground after that.

Does the scream mean death? Just about every time I give the cockpit area of an E/A a good hosing down I get the scream but yet the plane keeps maneuvering.

Scott

Does the scream mean death? Just about every time I give the cockpit area of an E/A a good hosing down I get the scream but yet the plane keeps maneuvering.

Scott

As said, not necessarily. Look for the square on the tac to turn black, that means he's finished.