Sign in to follow this  
Rickitycrate

Fps issues seem to be history

Hey mates, just had a funny kind of realization. I downloaded fraps. You get the FPS counter with that and then I realized that I had not had FPS on my mind at all for the last 2 weeks. No issues there then. Nice. Not only that I was getting solid 50's fps so I thought I'ld bump up the AA a bit and see how she handles it. Well, virtually same fps so far and sharp graphics. Nvidea card set to quality now rather than performance. Don't get me wrong, I'm not crediting fraps for performance increase. It just seems that things get better and better. New forum, update patches, new/more forum members and a good BHAH review. Cheers to the lot of you! :flyer:

P3 really has made a whopping difference to FPS

Upgrading from P2 to P3 (exactly the same hardware) and my fps went up by 10 - 15 fps!!!

Hey mates, just had a funny kind of realization. I downloaded fraps. You get the FPS counter with that and then I realized that I had not had FPS on my mind at all for the last 2 weeks. No issues there then. Nice. Not only that I was getting solid 50's fps so I thought I'ld bump up the AA a bit and see how she handles it. Well, virtually same fps so far and sharp graphics. Nvidea card set to quality now rather than performance. Don't get me wrong, I'm not crediting fraps for performance increase. It just seems that things get better and better. New forum, update patches, new/more forum members and a good BHAH review. Cheers to the lot of you! :flyer:

Quite a few mentioned the fps increase (me included) right after the 1.25 update. And like most folks, cranking in higer AA and AF also doesn't seem to impact the frame rate as much as you'd think it would.