Sign in to follow this  
sherbanshabeel

Some combat basics for SF1?

Hi guys, I'm new at the game and I've been playing the Iran-Iraq War mod. I'm flying Iraqi Mig-21s against Iranian F-5s and F-14. And it's REALLY hard. I mean, shooting the enemy down isn't hard, but staying alive is. They always manage to lock missiles on to me, and I rarely escape them. Any tips on how to stay alive?

I don't know if you are using the latest patch in which your wingmen are a lot better but have your #2 cover your 6. as far as not getting locked up i would read up on what missiles are being used against you then try to stay out of the parameters of fire. I don't fly the Mig's I shoot them down. :biggrin:

Hi guys, I'm new at the game and I've been playing the Iran-Iraq War mod. I'm flying Iraqi Mig-21s against Iranian F-5s and F-14. And it's REALLY hard. I mean, shooting the enemy down isn't hard, but staying alive is. They always manage to lock missiles on to me, and I rarely escape them. Any tips on how to stay alive?

Stay low and fast (over 400 knots). Pop up only when you have the opportunity to nail an opponent with a rear quarter shot at knife-fighting range, and then dive for cover again. By staying low, under 300 feet-100 meters, you will be able to avoid most of their radar-guided AAMs.

Fubar is right. It was a real tactic used at the end of the war by Iraqi Mirage F-1 pilots.