Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

Prob with CA site

I realy had some probs loading CA the last days.. I could load CA for 5 hours and more today, some people had this prob too.

Don`t know if it caused by the new OFF comunity (the data traffic not the people ;-)

Can someone confirm this?!

Same here.

Is it the site maintenance? Or is it the reason for the maintenance?

Edited by gbnavy61

I've been having some problems too. Loading is taking longer, and I was getting a "This page cannot be displayed" this afternoon.

The problem is NOT related to the OFF guys in any way. To my disheartening dismay it's coincidental with their arrival and happens at a time when I'd like to show them we're not a fly by night operation. At this point after I was able to recover the machine I have three possible suspects.

1. A DOS (Denial Of Service) attack.

2. Someone using a download accelerator like FlashGet or one of the other programs to download files from our site. This mimics a DOS in that these programs open multiple connections to the server to download a single file. Much like Limewire where you get parts of a file from different people and in the end you get a complete file. Problem here is the site is the only person sharing the file and the multiple connections are opened to a single point. The really sad part of this is that end users don't quite understand the nature of the internet. If you're on a 1MB connection and you open one connection it will try to fill that connection up to 1MB (your cap). If you open 10 connections you divide your 1MB connection 10 times so you'll likely end up with 10 transfers of 100K each. Download accelerators will NOT increase your throughput or your ability to receive files faster. If I find this is the actual case we'll be removing the culprits without warning. Sorry.

3. The search engines like Yahoo, Google, MSN, etc also download files for archive purposes. Now in the case of the download manager they'd be denied the files but they'd still try to open the connection. I've been having problems with the aggressive nature of one such crawler bot that I haven't quite resolved so I'm not ruling this one out either.

Either way any of these have the same affect. Me humbly saying "SORRY!"

So, it not support download manager now? :sorry:

I'm sorry. I usually use IDM. :blush: