Sign in to follow this  
Hoghead

Well wadda ya know they do explode

Flew a mission today and during a huge dogfight, I had given one of the E/A a good solid burst in the cockpit/engine area. I pulled off and as I was coming back around for another pass, :blowup: he exploded in mid air. I had seen other planes explode but there was always archie around so I assumed they had caught one, but on this occasion there was no archie firing. I was really cool to see.

Scott

Edited by Hoghead

Flew a mission today and during a huge dogfight, I had given one of the E/A a good solid burst in the cockpit/engine area. I pulled off and as I was coming back around for another pass, :blowup: he exploded in mid air. I had seen other planes explode but there was always archie around so I assumed they had caught one, but on this occasion there was no archie firing. I was really cool to see.

Scott

Get a screen shot next time! Sounds cool..

Screenies are tough to get, it happens very fast when it does.

During a dogfight, I keep one finger poised over the pause button. It makes it easier to get good shots. When the game is paused, you can view from different angles etc and get the best shot.

CJ

Guest Rugbyfan
During a dogfight, I keep one finger poised over the pause button. It makes it easier to get good shots. When the game is paused, you can view from different angles etc and get the best shot.

CJ

CJ,

How about using an unused joystick button as pause, or failing that set the space bar as pause, just to make life a bit easier.

Thanks

Rugbyfan

Scott

Wow! I barely believed they really caught on fire until I started flying some Albatross missions! I have only seen one plane explode... sitting on the aerodrome strip right before takeoff, very weird! What were you flying/he flying? I am gonna guess and say that it was a twin gun plane, right?

RR