Tornado F.3 AOP

This is the latest, modern version of the Tornado F.3 as it is used by RAF today.

Don't be so excited, it might be so a complete aeroplane, but the changes are minimal,since RAF tried to update the F.3 as ...less as possible: It is well known the AMRAAM fiasco it was only in 2004 the F.3s finally received a proper AMRAAM capability.

My add-on is about these,AMRAAM capable F.3s.

INSTALLATION:

If you haven't installed Bobrocks's F.3, please follow the instructions faithfully as they are on the file QUICKSTART F.3AOP.

If you have already, be sure that you put all the necessary sounds in the sound folder and that you 're going to add all the necessary weapons using the weapon editor.

ADDED BONUS:

Data for the Sky Flash 6000 series are provided.F.3 AOP can use this missile, however it was carried normally by the standard F.3s since 1988.

The credit should really go to:

Main 3d modeling and programming:

bobrock

FM and avionics advisors:

Crusader, starfighter2

Sounds:

Spillone104

Pilots:

Aleks, Canadair, Erikgen, NGHENGO,

Silverbolt, Spillone104, triplethr3at

Skins:

Syrinx

EDIT:

The changes might be minimal, but still they are highly enjoyable and the AIM-120C-5 suits very well to the Tornado...Don't hesitate to download,you won't regret it.A very fast plane (especially in low alt) with a very powerful radar (comparable with last generation fighters), C-5 extra boosting time and new warhead masks very well Tornado inabilities...you might be surprised.

What about the EF.3 :3 I know a man who worked on those shortly after the first gulf, would complete the bunch of F3's I seen on here...

Very nice ^^

service end year should be something around 2011, not 2020

nice plane, thanks!

According to Air Forces Monthly (Oct/08, p.61), F3s are to be retired in 2015. However I decided to postpone a bit the retirement day, having in mind that in the post cold war reality is not that unusual to postpone retirement dates.If UK Typhoons are going to be involved in overseas military operations in the next few years, don't be surprised if F3s are going to serve a bit longer in the role of homeland defense.

nice plane, thanks!

Welcome, all the credit should go to the Tornado Team.

I wouldnt bet on it, the OCU was clossed last year and 56 Sqn amalgamated into 43 Sqn now leaving only 43 and 111 operating the type. IIRC both are slatted for Typhoon conversion. Even if there was the desire within the RAF to retain the type in limited numbers given the premature retirement of the Sea Harrier FA.2 and Jaguar I doubt the gov would be willing to hold onto what is potentially yet another cost cutting measure....

Craig

I'm sure the thinking was simply to let the mod be useable after 2011 which, after all, isn't that far away.

Why not fly it to 2035 with the airshow gunpod/smoke mod ???? :fans:

Hou doe,

Derk

I wouldnt bet on it, the OCU was clossed last year and 56 Sqn amalgamated into 43 Sqn now leaving only 43 and 111 operating the type. IIRC both are slatted for Typhoon conversion. Even if there was the desire within the RAF to retain the type in limited numbers given the premature retirement of the Sea Harrier FA.2 and Jaguar I doubt the gov would be willing to hold onto what is potentially yet another cost cutting measure....

Craig

In reality, retaining a bit more the F3s in service might save money in the long run, since that would prevent heavy Typhoon usage.Now as long as RAF Typhoons are not assigned to NATO QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) duties we can assume that RAF Typhoons are not -for the moment- used too much, therefore saving valuable airframe time in the long run.However, I agree that in the immediate future that might escalate running costs a bit, and that won't suit too well to the gov.